What is Workweek?
Workweek is a media company on a mission to entertain, educate, and connect the business community through unique personalities, unparalleled expertise, and innovative operations.
Simply put, we want to make work fun.
But Workweek is a new kind of media company — one where content creators, not executives or advertisers, play the most significant role.
We partner with the very best creators across the world who have strong passion, deep expertise, and engaged audiences to make a genuine, far-reaching impact in their industries. People like Nik Sharma, Hebba Youssef, Daniel Murray, and more.
Why join us?
We’ve built a unique business model and a powerhouse operational team to help creators like you become the voice of authority in your industry.
Workweek provides you with the expert strategists, marketers, and brand partners you need to build a sustainable, profitable media brand — as well as the incredible benefits, loyal supporters, and thought partners you need to stay inspired, curious, and creative.
Could you be a fit?
Have you operated in the healthcare industry and developed unique beliefs on improving your industry?
Do you create content via social media, newsletter or podcast? If not, give it a try and send us your practice piece. We’ll give you feedback.
Do you have ambitions to be the go-to person in your industry?
The truth: some of the best creators we work with never created content before. They were experienced operators with unique perspectives willing to push themselves to get their thoughts in the world.
What about my full-time job?
Every person we work with has a unique relationship to Workweek. Some folks keep their day job while they create content part-time, others go full-time and dive all in — and some even join Workweek as an operator while creating content.
Our belief: nothing is off the table when you’re trying to attract the best.
Tony Romo, the NFL quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, retired and recently became an analyst for CBS – and he became a superstar analyst almost immediately.
Why? Because his experience on the field made his commentary unique and valuable. He not only attracted football fanatics but a wider audience looking to learn more about the inner workings of the game. Tony Romo will never be in the NFL Hall of Fame, but he sure might win an Emmy one day.
This is what we see you doing but in the healthcare industry.
The Case Study
There are numerous case studies that we could share like The Wolf of Franchises, Nicole Casperson, Ari Murray, and the other 20 creators at Workweek. If you want to learn about their journey, go ahead and follow them on Twitter.
Here’s one close to home:
Hebba Youssef joined Workweek as our Chief People Officer. She previously worked at Axios and Lithic, overseeing their Talent and People departments. From the first time we met with Hebba, she showed she had unique perspectives on the broken HR industry. She was full of personality and willing to share her ideas.
We recognized that not only we would love to hire her as our CPO but also as a Creator covering the HR/People industry.
Hebba launched her newsletter, I Hate it Here, in September of 2022. Within two months, she had more than 30K newsletter subscribers and a fast-growing social media presence.
She’s now sold out events, influenced industry leaders, and is rapidly becoming one of the most prominent voices of authority in her industry.
This is what it’s like being a Workweek creator.
- Competitive pay (we don't pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- Monthly health raffle (if you average 8 hours of sleep per night, you’re entered to win health tools and tech, i.e. Fitbit, Apple Watch, etc.)
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- $1,000/year stipend for continuing education
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- 2x/year in-person team retreat
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
Note: At Workweek, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.