The Marketing Manager at Sequentum is a creative communications and growth specialist who participates in strategy discussions with management and executes all day-to-day tactical and logistical aspects of marketing for our ambitious tech company. The main goals of the marketing manager’s efforts are to increase awareness of Sequentum in targeted markets, be the steward of the brand, and to consistently increase the number of marketing qualified leads we generate.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer who can project our brand voice and messaging convincingly in all channels and manage content contributors. You need a strong track record of executing plans with demonstrable results. You will be in charge of all content creation (blog posts, white papers, collateral, newsletter, outreach email, videos, content placement, quotes for attribution, etc.), our SEO efforts, all social media posts and community management, trade shows, and advertising. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Brand Stewardship: manage brand tone and ensure all content is on-brand when we publish and speak with consistent messaging in all channels
- Blog Content: write and edit content, manage writers and publishing
- Social Media: write and publish content, reply to all comments, foster community
- Email Marketing: work with the Sales team to develop effective email content for outreach campaigns
- Site Content: generate and update content as required, help define new site structure as needed with company growth
- SEO: ensure all content published is keyword seeded and SEO enhanced, potentially manage a 3rd party SEO vendor
- Advertising & Paid Search: develop creative campaigns in conjunction with management, plan and place media, develop landing pages, perform A/B/ testing and optimize ad spend across outlets
- Sponsorships: help manage relationships and content with events and media outlets where we participate in content creation and presentation.
- Collateral: develop and update all sales-related marketing collateral including trade show materials, signage, product sales sheets, presentations, use cases, etc.
- Newsletter: develop, manage content and publish a periodic newsletter
- Video: develop Sequentum branded video content on a scheduled basis and manage transcription services
- Webinars: coordinate and manage periodic webinars
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a B-toB marketing role focused on marketing communications and growth or user acquisition (technology/data industry experience a big plus)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Superb writing skills for marketing communications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Competitive, winning attitude
- Proven record of creating and implementing effective marketing communication plans and campaigns across multiple marketing channels (email, social, display, paid search, influencer marketing, etc.)
- Creative mindset, excited to come up with new approaches to reaching customers and experimenting with out-of-the-box campaigns
- Curious, able to self-teach, motivated by new challenges, and always seeking to improve
- Team player with great collaboration skill to work cross-functionally on complex projects
- Data-driven mindset with ability to explore and analyze data to make informed decisions
- Execution & detail oriented, dedicated and good at seeing things through to completion with precision and effectiveness
- Technical skill and experience with relevant marketing tools (search & social ad platforms, google analytics, etc.)
Why Join Sequentum?
- Big opportunity to join an ambitious, stable start-up ramping up for growth right now
- Work with experienced entrepreneurs who want to help everyone achieve excellence
- Global scope—we have operations and customers around the world
- Potential (expectation) to grow into a more senior sales, marketing or operations role
- Compensation expected to be $70,000–$85,000
- Benefits: access to health insurance plans, paid time off
- Work from home, flexible schedule