Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) Sr. Program Manager
is responsible for overseeing and developing various internal and external strategic DEIB and community initiatives across Zayo. The ideal person will live our values of being authentic, driving excellence, wowing customers, thinking big and winning together, while leading with trust, communicating with transparency and acting with accountability.
This role will continue to advance Zayo’s DEIB efforts, while embracing inclusion and supporting employee well-being. The person will show up every day with honesty, respect and integrity and be able to listen and challenge colleagues while bringing current best practices, ideas, and metrics to the role.
At Zayo, we believe that diverse perspectives drive innovative ideas and fuel our growth. We foster a culture where every Zayoite feels seen, valued, respected and empowered to be their most authentic self. We strive to work with partners that also demonstrate core values around diversity and sustainability.
Through our Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, Belonging (DEIB) initiatives, Zayo is able to connect what’s next for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
Responsibilities include leading DEIB initiatives throughout the organization, partnering with the People & Culture team to ensure initiatives and projects include a DEIB perspective, support strategic diversity initiatives, track, analyze, and report data on DEIB statistics, and partner on community initiatives that align with DEIB strategy. This role will collaborate closely with our Executive sponsors and leadership teams for our Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) and be responsible for managing and evolving our ERG’s and Affinity Groups including partnering on goals, supporting internal communications, facilitating meetings, agendas, budgets, events, and councils.
- We are open to this position working remotely; however, our ideal candidate will be local to the Denver or Boulder, CO areas or be open to relocating.
- Enhance Zayo’s DEIB strategy and take action on set goals
- Develop and implement DEIB initiatives across Zayo including training, policy review, recruiting practices, educational programs and metrics
- Partner with and coach HR team and hiring managers to ensure recruitment and retention policies and practices and communications are inclusive and equitable
- Organize, execute on and manage internal and external community outreach programs and events that promote Zayo’s DEIB and community purpose
- Develop and execute a DEIB communication strategy to reach all employees globally
- Manage ERG and Affinity programs and advise, monitor and partner with ERG Leaders and Executive Sponsors to amplify their voices and purpose
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on optimizing our diversity recruitment strategy and enhancing the candidate experience
- Work with People & Culture team to design programs to attract, develop, and retain diverse talent and to review and identify inequalities in current policies and practices
- Champion our DEIB initiatives while contributing to our ambitious and collaborative culture, living our values and supporting our operating norms
- Track, report and analyze internal and external DEIB data, metrics and trends. Track and leverage external benchmark data. Measure the impact of our programs and progress.
- Draft, develop and maintain content and communications related to DEIB and community on the internet, newsletter and other internal communications
- Oversee DEIB, ERG, and community budgets and outreach and manage charitable giving
- Identify and partner with other organizations on DEIB best practices and initiatives for continuous improvement
- Work with community partners to provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for Zayoites and actively attend internal and external committee meetings, conferences and events
- Solicit feedback from all employees on DEIB efforts so that all voices are heard and valued
- Build and maintain external global strategic community partnerships with organizations that advance Zayo’s community purpose
- Other duties as assigned
Base pay range: $106,800-$120,000, commensurate with experience.
- 5+ years of professional DEIB work experience informing and executing strategies company wide
- 3 - 5+ years of external community partnership experience
- 2+ years of experience in program/project management, budgeting, company planning events, and data analysis
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and be creative with resources and budget
- Significant experience managing or leading Employee Resource or Affinity Groups to further diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging initiatives globally
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from all walks of life and understanding, passion and willingness to learn about the history and interest in equity, race and ethnicity, gender, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, veterans, and underrepresented communities
- Expertise in facilitating complex and difficult discussions in groups and with individuals including managing sensitive or controversial subjects with kindness and professionalism
- Experience defining program requirements, assessing practices, using data and metrics for improvement, short and long term planning, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple interrelated projects
- Ability to communicate clearly, in writing and orally, to diverse audiences within and outside the organization
- Strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal awareness, listening, problem solving, critical thinking, resiliency, agility, organizational, analytical and relationship skills
- Ability to be strategic and tactical while managing multiple priorities, ambiguity, and concurrent projects from concept to completion
- Proficiency in google applications
- Ability to evaluate cost of a program and compare it to the benefits for the organization
- Work collaboratively with other areas of People & Culture to create process, policy, and materials to support the adoption of practices and behaviors that improve a diverse and inclusive workforce
#REMOTEBenefits, Rewards & Wellness
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.