The Marketing Intern works in an in-house position with the Marketing Department, gaining valuable experience in multiple areas of marketing, communications, creative services, corporate partnerships, retail, special events & experiences, social media, advertising, research, and analytics.
- Regular and predictable attendance is expected and required. All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
- Provides support to the department and assists with related functions and special projects as assigned.
- Serve as customer support liaison between public and internal staff.
- Assists with corporate partnership activation as needed and provides client support.
- Provides departmental support and assists with related functions and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, and synthesis of information, including survey data collection through in-person intercepts/interviews.
- Assists with setup, execution, and tear down for special events, ribbon cuttings or media interviews.
- Assists with event promotions including collaboration with partners, stakeholders, and the media.
- Performs updates to website content and assists with ongoing website maintenance.
- Gathers information and creates e-newsletter.
- Drafts and/or proofreads written communications, social posts, press releases and website content for quality and accuracy.
- Candidate may work at various locations throughout the Park District.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned or apparent.