Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Our Growth & Performance team focuses on acquiring new customers and driving revenue growth within existing partnerships. We focus on high growth brands that are looking to achieve a variety of marketing goals by tapping into the Morning Brew audience.
We’re seeking a self-starter, with experience in digital media to expand revenue across Morning Brew’s franchises.
This individual should have a passion for partnerships across B2B and B2C, a drive to relentlessly navigate & network to brand decision-makers, and who constantly seeks to help their team surpass revenue goals and internal expectations.
This is not a typical sales role. Just as we provide the best daily business experience to our readers, we work tirelessly to understand the marketing goals of our advertisers and develop creative and tailored campaigns that WOW our brand partners without jeopardizing the quality of our voice and brand.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
Prospecting, outreaching & vetting a high volume of new partners.
Managing the full sales cycle from inbound advertisers including meeting with decision-makers to understand their campaign KPI’s, and providing plans and recommendations across Morning Brew’s franchises & ad products.
Upselling and renewing business within existing partnerships.
Perform account planning for assigned accounts, coordinating with pre-sales and other resources to ensure strategic alignment
Maintain accurate and timely customer/prospect, pipeline, and forecast data
Work collaboratively with the rest of the AEs on the team to share learnings, best practices and strategy to achieve team goals.
3-5 years of experience in a customer facing role
Experience in media and/or advertising preferred
Strong foundation in client presentations and meetings
Thorough understanding of the complete sales cycle. This includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals.
Ability to forecast, track and report on sales performance and meet quarterly targets
Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. You understand accountability and put the team first, always!
Ambitious, resourceful and driven. Taking the initiative to deliver beyond the expectation.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
Passion for and belief in Morning Brew, its mission and its franchises and products.
$80K-90K + commission *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
👨💻 WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.