STATE OF COLORADO RESIDENCY REQUIRED: OPTION FOR REMOTE WORK IN STATE
NOTE: This announcement may be used to fill multiple openings.
This is a term limited position through December 31, 2026.
The Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (HCPF)
oversees and operates Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program), Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), and other state public health programs for qualified Coloradans. Our mission is to improve health care equity, access and outcomes for the people we serve while saving Coloradans money on health care and driving value for Colorado.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
As part of the State of Colorado, HCPF offers a competitive benefits package:
- PERA retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan, PERA Defined Contribution Plan, plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Automatic Short-Term and Optional Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) job protection and State of Colorado Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML)
- 11 Paid Holidays Annually and Accrued Annual and Sick Leave
- Accrued Sick Leave for State of Colorado Temporary Employees
- Flexplace and Flextime work arrangements
- Variety of discounts on services and products available through the State of Colorado's Work-Life Employment Discount Program
- Free RTD EcoPass to all eligible State Employees
- Reduced college tuition through CSU Global
- Credit Union of Colorado Membership Eligibility
- Some positions may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more
information, go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/student-loan-forgiveness-programs. https://dhr.colorado.gov/dhr-resources/student-loan-forgiveness-programs
We are looking for a Practice Transformation Communication Specialist
to join the Integrated Care Unit
of the Health Policy Office
is responsible for the administration and performance of Medicaid State Plan services and programs. The Office plays an instrumental role in achieving the Department's mission to improve access to cost-effective, quality health care services for Coloradans.
The Integrated Care Unit
is responsible for Dept. grants administration and for designing and implementing the HB22-1302 Health-care Practice Transformation into a grant program to expand access to integrated physical and behavioral health care in Colorado.
This position was created by federal legislation through H.R. 1319,
The American Rescue Plan Act
(ARPA) of 2021.
This position can work fully remotely from anywhere in the State of Colorado.
**Please note - equipment provisioning and certain onboarding tasks will take place in person, in our downtown Denver office, on the first day of employment.**
Description of Job
What you'll be doing as the Practice Transformation Communications Specialist:
- Research, develop and distribute internal and external newsletters and annual reports.
- Assist Policy & Communications Manager in creating executive and strategic communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Help assess and translate industry trends and Department strategy into messaging and outreach to drive external engagement on high priority issues, focused on crafting messaging for Department leadership
- Work closely with Department leadership to obtain strategic direction on executive communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Author materials aimed at thought leaders for e-newsletter columns for Department stakeholders, talking points and slides for presentations, monthly reporting, internal staff communications and social media.
- Support the Executive Policy & Communications Manager in the implementation of strategic communications plans for special projects in the Executive Director’s Office.
- Manage assigned plans and implement all of the deliverables in the plans in collaboration with other communications specialists and subject matter experts across the Department.
- Maintaining the work unit's email contact list and digital assets (photos/videos); gathers information and responds to surveys as well as questionnaires.
- Plan and design the marketing, communication, advertising, educational, and promotional materials for the Primary Care and Behavioral Health Integration Grant Program.
- This position also communicates program initiatives and or information to the public or to internal entities while also developing communication formats and concepts, styles, branding and tone determined by the audience.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
HERE'S WHAT WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in communications, health care administration or other related field.
Three or more years professional experience in marketing, communications, or government policy administration.
Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
HERE'S WHAT WE'D LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
- Previous relevant professional state experience
- Professional Experience with:
- marketing, communication or educational services for government programs
- presenting information via multiple platforms like website, public presentations and written documents
- Professional or academic experience with:
- Colorado State Medicaid
- Behavioral Health Care landscape in Colorado
- Website and/or Listserv management
Skills To Support Success
- Excellent customer service
- Problem solving
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed, while possessing the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage large inbox with incoming requests for at times competing needs
Definition of Professional Experience: Work that involves exercising discretion, analytical skill, judgment, personal accountability, and responsibility for creating, developing, integrating, applying, and sharing an organized body of knowledge that characteristically is uniquely acquired through an intense education or training regimen at a recognized college or university; equivalent to the curriculum requirements for a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in or pertinent to the specialized field; and continuously studied to explore, extend, and use additional discoveries, interpretations, and application and to improve data, materials, equipment, applications and methods.
Conditions Of Employment
- All positions at HCPF are security sensitive positions and require that the individuals undergo a criminal record background check as a condition of employment.
- Employees who have been disciplinary terminated, resigned in lieu of disciplinary termination, or negotiated their termination from the State of Colorado must disclose this information on the application.
- This is a term-limited position with funding through December 31, 2026. Successful candidates will sign a Waiver of Retention Rights and normal personnel rules regarding retention will not apply.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for this position, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board or request a review by the State Personnel Director.
An appeal or review must be submitted on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative. This form must be delivered to the State Personnel Board by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), postmarked in US Mail or hand delivered (1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver CO 80203), or faxed (303.866.5038) within ten (10) calendar days from your receipt of notice or acknowledgement of the department’s action.
For more information about the appeals process, the official appeal form, and how to deliver it to the State Personnel Board; go to spb.colorado.gov; contact the State Personnel Board for assistance at (303) 866-3300; or refer to 4 Colorado Code of Regulations (CCR) 801-1, State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, Chapter 8, Resolution of Appeals and Disputes, at spb.colorado.gov under Rules.