At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for youJoin us as a Communication Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Communication Specialist to join our HR Team. In this role you will drive strategic communications that increase employee engagement and impact the success of the Firm. Your ability to translate business strategy into key messages, using a storytelling approach and various communication vehicles will enable you to influence others in a fast-paced environment driven to educate employees on our business and benefits. To be successful, you’ll need to be proactive, view situations from various perspectives, build strategic relationships within the Firm, be agile in your work management, exercise sound judgment, enjoy working with others, and have exceptional writing skills that incorporate your knack for creativity.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.Key Responsibilities
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal client groups, key subject matter experts, and leaders across lines of business and geographies to deliver relevant communications
- Craft key messages, consulting with project teams and leaders on the communication approach
- Help employees understand their total rewards and inspire them to take advantage of all the resources
- Research, write and edit content that demonstrates an understanding of audience, various perspectives, messaging, and tone for various internal channels, including announcements, newsletter stories, web, videos, desk drops and digital signage
- Create and manage communication/change management plans, providing advice on key stakeholders and appropriate communication vehicles
- Publish communications through a variety of channels, managing all aspects of distribution
- Drive Firm strategic messages and educate employees on strategy, culture, benefits and resources
- Generate creative campaigns that increase participation in activities and usage of Firm resources
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree; degree in English/Journalism preferred
- 5+ years of professional communications experience
- Content management/intranet systems knowledge a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to build your own internal credibility and become a sought-after resource for communications advice and counsel
- Project management experience and ability to translate and convey complex, sometimes sensitive, information to target audiences
- Resourceful story-teller with demonstrated written communication and proofreading skills, with knowledge of AP style guide rules
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, including listening effectively, interviewing and gathering information from sources at all levels of the company
- Working well as part of a team, yet also able to operate independently
- Operating as a business partner, not simply taking direction, but driving strategic communication programs, providing valuable counsel and advice.
- Using creative approaches to grab reader’s interest
For nearly 200 years, Brown Brothers Harriman has provided expertise in Private Banking, Investment Management, and Investor Services. Located throughout 18 offices across the globe, we are committed to helping our clients navigate the increasingly complex global market by being their most valued, trusted and differentiated partner.
The loyalty we earn from our clients comes from two things: the quality of our people and the culture of our firm. That’s why we invest so much time and energy in attracting and developing the very best talent globally. We hire bright, entrepreneurial individuals, educate them on our client’s business, provide them the resources and support to succeed, and then give them the freedom to excel. This results in a diverse team of individuals who inspire each other to share their unique perspective while working together to discover the next great idea. Our deep respect for a healthy work-life balance drives our comprehensive total rewards package that helps our employees live their best life, grow personally and professionally, and get rewarded for the results they deliver. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for youWhat We Offer
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
BBH’s compensation program includes base salary, discretionary bonuses, and profit-sharing. The anticipated base salary range for this role is $80,000 to $110,00, which is specific to New York, NY and may differ in other locations due to cost of living and labor considerations. Base salaries may vary based on factors such as skill, experience and qualification for the role. BBH's total rewards package recognizes your contributions with more than just a paycheck—providing you with benefits that enhance your experience at BBH from long-term savings, healthcare, and income protection to professional development opportunities and time off, our programs support your overall well-being.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.