Work Location: Pavek Museum, St. Louis Park, MN
Reports to: President & CEO
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Nonexempt
Rate: $19.00-$23.00 per hour, depending on qualifications
The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the entire Pavek Museum team, demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, and be an effective communicator. The ideal candidate for this job is extremely organized, detail-oriented, and personable.
- Provide administrative support for entire museum team as required with miscellaneous projects and duties.
- Monitor general email and voicemail inboxes and respond to general inquiries from external and internal parties and direct to appropriate staff member, if necessary.
- Manage VoIP system and phone tree.
- Manage inventory/reordering of office supplies and copier supplies/repairs.
- Sort, file, and create/maintain filing systems for efficient recordkeeping and easy retrieval.
- Update/distribute employee list, phone list, emergency plans, etc.
- Collect, sort, and distribute all incoming mail and packages.
- Prepare mailings, FedEx/UPS packages, courier, and inter-office services as needed.
- Responsible for annual renewal of all subscriptions and memberships.
- Schedule meetings and manage Zoom account. Coordinate with relevant staff, as needed.
- Maintain office calendar of recurring meetings, staff PTO, staff travel, and team activities.
Staff Support Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for staff, including schedule meetings, create PowerPoint presentations, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings, assist with travel arrangements, and process invoices and expense reports.
- Coordinate, prepare, and distribute materials for the Board of Directors, including agendas, meeting reminders, reports, PowerPoint presentations, and communications. Prepare and distribute minutes for Board of Directors meetings, as needed.
- Assist with processing memberships, donations, maintaining Salesforce contacts database, and preparing renewal and acknowledgement letters.
- Assist with gift shop management: purchasing, maintain inventory of gift shop items and supplies, merchandising, receive and fulfill online sales, maintain online gift shop, use Square point of sale system, and run reports.
- Some light bookkeeping, including preparation of bank deposits, code invoices and follow invoicing procedures for payment, correspond with vendors for W9’s and other AP/AR issues, enter information into spreadsheets, and help prepare financials.
- Assist with social media management.
- Assist with creation and scheduling of monthly newsletter.
- Create and send contracts and invoices for education programs, tours, events, and rentals.
- Track attendance and revenue from education programs, tours, events, and rentals and prepare monthly reports.
- Work with the Education Manager to monitor volunteer schedules and records to ensure Welcome Desk shift coverage.
- Work with museum staff in coordinating/preparing the facility for special events, exhibits, tours, and programs, including obtaining permits or licenses as needed.
- This position may be given assignments of an unrelated nature and duties may be expanded, limited, or modified from time to time as determined by the President & CEO.
- Assist with general organization and upkeep of office space.
- Occasional very light cleaning of offices and facilities, including restocking supplies.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%), as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- A minimum of one year of professional office experience required.
- Competency with computers, physical and digital filing systems, and typing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Internet research, and other standard office procedures and equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Good grammar and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take direction and work well independently and with a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance, good judgment, discretion, and diplomatic skills required.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with point-of-sale software (such as Square) or similar is an asset.
- Experience with Meta Business Suite and Constant Contact or similar is an asset.
- Some medium to lightweight (15-30 pounds) lifting may be required.
- Professional Office Experience: 1 year
- Nonprofit or Museum Experience: 1 year (preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays on occasion
- 40 hours/week
Since 1988, the Pavek Museum has been Minnesota's hub of electronic communication connecting people to the past by collecting, preserving, interpreting, and sharing the history, science, and technology of electronic communication. A private, nonprofit organization, the Pavek Museum maintains a premier collection from the 19th Century to the present documenting the history and innovation of electronic communication technologies and presents its unique collection through exhibitions, tours, events, and youth, adult, and family programs.
Send resume and cover letter to Gwendolen Nystrom, President & CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org