Welcome to the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) located in the Platte River Valley in downtown Denver. AHEC is the service provider for 43,000 students and approximately 5000 faculty and staff working at and attending the Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver
and the University of Colorado Denver
. Learn more about us through this link: Auraria Higher Education Center
Auraria employees enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes paid vacation, holidays and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub (medical, dental, disability, life), and outstanding retirement plan. Learn more through this link: Benefits Package.
If you're interested in a great job working alongside great people, this may be the opportunity for which you've been waiting!
Description of Job
As an integral member of the Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) team, the Marketing and Communications Manager develops and implements marketing and communication strategies that successfully support the mission of the Auraria Higher Education Center, while maximizing awareness, impacting utilization, and supporting revenue generation for the agency’s campus services. The Marketing and Communications Manager works with the IMC team to provide project management to meet department objectives in a high-quality and consistent manner. This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Campus Relations.
Marketing And Communications Manager Responsibilities
- Strategizes, develops, implements, streamlines, copywrites and manages the development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns for assigned departments using a variety of communication platforms, including written, print, email marketing, visual presentations, videos, social media, and web/banner ads, among others.
- Gathers content to craft press releases, campus alerts, newsletters, media advisories and other department communications.
- Acts as back-up PIO to Director of Marketing & Campus Relations.
- Compiles AHEC visual presentations for executive and activation teams.
- Strategizes and implements effective branding and actively promotes brand awareness and consistency through internal and external communication tactics for marketing & communication department.
- Writes marketing content for department website/webpages, ensuring consistent tone, style, and voice.
- Strategizes web content in conjunction with entire marketing & communications team.
- Gathers content, designs, writes, and distributes newsletter content for:
- Internal audience
- Tri-institutional partner audience
- External community audience
- Manges IMC projects and workflow to ensure timelines and budgets are kept on track including invoices and providing periodic administrative reports.
- Compiles monthly marketing metrics reports for senior leadership that includes:
- Email open click rates.
- Social media reach and growth.
- External earned media.
- Monitors, measures, and evaluates marketing and communications strategies for the IMC team to make adjustments based on data gathered.
- Selects and purchases various promotional materials for campus services based on outlined budgets.
The Marketing and Communications Manager provides a high level of customer service to agency clients, ensuring deadlines, budgets and objectives are met with satisfaction, while also meeting agency goals. This position helps to ensure that work produced by Marketing & Communications is consistent, high quality, professional and representative of the agency and its key messaging.
Additional Duties: Perform such other duties as are assigned from time-to-time by the direct supervisor and members of the AHEC leadership team.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
The ideal candidate will clearly demonstrate in their application the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing, public relations, business, or related field.
- Five years of experience of professional office experience with marketing and communications responsibilities.
- Three years of experience in crisis communication management.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email marketing tools (MailChimp, Constant Contact or similar) web content management (WordPress, SquareSpace or similar), media monitoring services (Meltwater, Cision or similar) and presentation software (PowerPoint, Canva, Prezi or Google Slides).
- Digital marketing experience managing online campaigns for SEO (Facebook, Google AdWords), as well as familiarity with reviewing analytics to gather and present insights from raw data.
- Articulate with excellent written communication skills.
- Duties assigned are generally complex and intricate. Work assignments are performed within an established framework under general instructions but requires simultaneous coordination of assigned functions or projects independently.
- Works effectively in a highly collaborative environment, while also being successful working independently.
- Offers strong organizational, conceptual, research, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Offers creative solutions to disseminate campus information across multiple social media channels.
- Possesses a sense of urgency to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Conditions Of Employment
- Effective September 20, 2021, employees may be required to attest to and verify whether or not they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Employees who have not been fully vaccinated may be required to submit to serial testing in the future. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their status with proof of vaccination. Vaccinated employees must provide proof of vaccination.
- Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, as defined by the most recent State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and current guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.