The USQTA is an emerging, purpose-driven cannabis dispensary in New York City focused on supporting BIPOC and woman-owned brands. We are a purpose-driven dispensary that redirects more than half of all proceeds to the not-for-profit, The Doe Fund.
The role of the Marketing Manager is to oversee and administer tasks to help build brand awareness, audiences, and engagement and support the build-out of communication on channels among multiple departments, wholesale partners, and third-party vendors. The Marketing Manager is a key position that will report to the Marketing Director.
The Marketing Manager’s duties shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support strategy and direction to build consumer, wholesale, third-party, and B2B growth
- Assist in the monitoring and management of the USQTA brand and style guide.
- Manage communication channels and development of marketing materials (website, digital marketing, e-news, rack cards, brochures, social media)
- Deploy all marketing campaigns (paid, owned, earned)
- Manage/track marketing campaigns (cost, specs, deadlines, target markets, headlines, results)
- Analyze consumer behavior and segments to optimize marketing campaigns accordingly; report performance, data collection, and analysis (web, e-news, social, retail, wholesale)
- Act as marketing department liaison to administer channels of communication within USQTA departments to support and connect retail, wholesale, cultivation, production, and operations.
- Liaise with various departments for promotional needs based on real-time inventory
- Liaise marketing relationships with key industry players, agencies, and vendors.
- Collaborate with the wholesale team to launch new products.
- Manage third-party vendor/product partner reciprocal marketing strategy, content, and data; develop and provide marketing materials to the dispensary.
- Support public relations campaign communications and implementation; work with PR representative/agency to effectively craft pitches, copy, edit, and coordinate interviews.
- Manage third-party marketing vendors (Sprout, Dutchie, MailChimp, merchandise, printers)
- Manage messaging/tracking of in-house consumer data collection (consumer survey, website)
- Manage content calendar for all campaigns and communications
- Lead email newsletter and SMS campaigns -- generate topics, write copy, design graphics, gifs
- Produce engaging content for the USQTA website, blog, and sponsored content for media outlets.
- Oversee photography/video (product line for the website, catalogs, socials, promotional pieces); photo organization for database and community engagement
- Oversee and support social media content across multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, cannabis directories, and review sites)
- Utilize design software for in-house-designed marketing material and web graphics
- Implement SEO tactics with the website/SEO team to drive traffic
- Manage CRM loyalty program and SMS messaging in line with promotions, launches, and events.
- In collaboration with the retail team, design in-store consumer materials and signage, supervise menu design (physical and digital), oversee in-store television channel content
- Train customer-facing staff on-brand messaging to solidify a coherent brand voice.
- Research and develop community outreach relationships -- chambers, farmers markets, “buy local” organizations, tourism boards, restaurants, lodging, business partners, and outdoor organizations.
- Evaluate competitors and build content ideas for market positioning on various channels (vertical integration, educational tutorials/how-to, cooking with cannabis)
- Identify social media influencers for outreach (cannabis, lifestyle, F&B)
- Strategize marketing entryways in partner industries (travel, Airbnb, lodging, F&B)
- Research apps, geo-mapping software opportunities, Google My Business optimization
- Oversee planning of in-house special events and cannabis consumer educational initiatives
- Work in tandem with the cannabis compliance officer to ensure all initiatives conform
- Spearhead anti-youth cannabis consumption campaign
The above job description in no way states or implies these duties are the only duties performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other related duties necessary for the effective operation of the Company.
USQTA reserves the right to change or alter any of the above duties and responsibilities according to the operational needs of the Company.
Essential Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Due to regulations, the candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- BA/BS in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing test requirement)
- Prior experience in social media management
- Experience in basic graphic design (Photoshop, Canva, or similar program)
- Experience in Google Analytics, Mailchimp, and Hootsuite preferred
- A track record of success and motivated by accomplishment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic with strong organizational and execution skills
- Effective at time management, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain composure under pressure
- Creative, honest, reliable, and professional
- Research and data organization skills
- Solid understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of cannabis products preferred
- Must be able to meet all shift requirements with regularity, predictability, and consistency