Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things. Join a team of 4000+ regular volunteers in the Los Angeles Region to deliver services to local communities daily, weekly or monthly.
This position supports the Regional Communications department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. Red Cross Bloggers and Feature Writers are a part of a creative content volunteer team that creates professionally written content for news releases, media alerts, and regional platforms including blogs, social media feeds, websites, and other outlets.
- Follow the Communications calendar to highlight regional and chapter events, produce copy, amplify blogs, and edit the chapter newsletters within deadlines.
- Communicate with communications team contact to write, compose, and edit chapter newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Editing and content must be approved by regional communications team before publication.
- Ad-hoc, revise messaging for appropriate tone and language
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Strong writing, editing, research and interpersonal skills.
- Must be familiar with basic computer operations and have the ability to upload content to the blog or by email remotely.
- Authentic, creative, funny, and engaging storyteller.
Commitment 6 - 12 months with a renewable opportunity
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.