The Learning & Development Manager
partners with the Director of Operations and Restaurant Managers of the Shannon Rose, Spuntino and Chevy's brands in a way that successfully positions them as a valuable, significant and reliable contributor to the vision, leadership and success of the brands. The Learning & Development Manager
is responsible for ensuring the programs and practices related to new hire onboarding, initial training and ongoing development are executed consistently and effectively for all hourly and management employees. They assist with the implementation of field incentive programs/initiatives and company cultural initiatives/events. The Learning & Development Manager
plans, implements, validates and follows up on company-wide and brand-specific initiatives.
- Manage the New Hire Orientation Program for management and shift supervisor new hires (MITs and SSITs).
- Manage the Initial Training Program for management and shift supervisor new hires (MITs and SSITs).
- Regularly audit the execution of the Initial Training Program for hourly new hires and provide formal feedback to operations.
- Manage the Ongoing Development Programs for both hourly and management employees.
- Facilitate workshops and classes as needed or as assigned.
- Actively participate as a member of the Doherty Culture Club.
- Assist with the execution of all brand and company culture initiatives and events.
- Ensure all employee records in the HRIS related to initial training and ongoing development are accurate and up-to-date (i.e. workshops, classes, skills and documents).
- Work directly with ADs and GMs on succession planning at the hourly and management levels.
- Manage the roll out and implementation of company and operations initiatives. These initiatives include but are not limited to new store openings, new menu roll outs, new technology roll outs, new people initiatives, new laws and any other company or brand initiatives.
- Work with the People Services Managers as needed to assist in employee relations investigations when requested. This includes but is not limited to being the brand SME to assist in the gathering of supporting documentation; conducting interviews with employees; conducting performance-related meetings with employees; and conducting termination meetings with employees.
- Compile and post the weekly brand newsletter.
- Maintain a consistent, positive and supportive presence in the field while following up on employee experience programs/practices, company initiatives and operational initiatives.
- Manage the execution of on-site brand-level training programs for corporate new hires related to their job functions as needed.
- Restaurant experience
- Restaurant management experience preferred
- National and local certifications as needed
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Employment eligibility to work in the United States
- workshop and meeting facilitation
- design and development of training materials and programs
- change management
- conflict management
- strong verbal and written communication
- attention to details
- mentoring and coaching
- follow up on tasks and plans
- quickly adapt to changing priorities
- reason and problem solve effectively; formulate strategies and action plans to impact results
- work in a fast-paced environment
- work both independently and collaboratively
- lead others and act as a role model for the company and enforce brand and company standards
- prioritize and arrange work in an organized fashion
- effectively interact and interface with a wide variety of constituencies (e.g. hourly, management, and support staff)
- maintain positive attitude and outlook towards guest and team members
- calculate figures, amounts, and percentages and apply concepts of mathematics relating to financial calculations