NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Peacock is looking for an SEO Specialist to join the Audience Development team. The SEO Specialist is responsible for implementing SEO strategies, as well as contributing ideas to the overall SEO strategy. This role will support both on-platform and off-platform optimizations for Peacock as well as be a key contributor to the SEO strategy of NBC Sports and its properties.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Develop and optimize meta tags, titles, descriptions and schema markup for both new and existing content pages
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in alignment with SEO goals
- Assist with link building campaigns across internal and external partners
- Monitor and evaluate search performance, including keyword rank, domain authority, backlink aggregation and more
- Own and distribute monthly Peacock/Streaming Trends newsletter, providing organization w/insights in to search demand and audience trends
- Periodically execute technical SEO audits, as directed, to ensure crawlability
- Track competitive trends and competitor keywords
- Keep pace with SEO and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Communicate to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Passion for SEO and digital marketing
- Comprehensive understanding of organic search (algorithms, ranking factors, copywriting, schema mark-up)
- Experience implementing organic search improvements and measuring impact
- Self-starter who can develop and execute strategy and action plans
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to think creatively, and identify and solve problems
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 2+years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with a variety of tools including Google Search Console, Semrush, SimilarWeb, Botify, Deepcrawl, Ahrefs and Screaming Frog
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Basic understanding of collaboration tools including Slack and Sharepoint, a plus
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.