Are you intellectually curious, a strategic thinker and a strong communicator and leader? Are you passionate about being a critical part of the innovative biotech industry in an IR consulting capacity, where you can also help develop a future generation of IR stars? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a team with a long track record of providing best-in-class investor relations counsel to leaders across biotech and healthcare.
Stern Investor Relations, Inc., a Precision Medicine Group Company, is a well-established leader in providing IR services to biotechnology and healthcare companies, representing public and private companies of all sizes and therapeutic areas. In collaborating with our clients on their larger corporate strategy, we provide a range of services to achieve key investor relations goals, including effective messaging and positioning, enhancing visibility, improving institutional ownership and sell-side coverage, preparing for financings and IPOs, developing good guidance practices and managing communications around M&A, binary events and other strategic issues.
We are growing and are seeking experienced investor relations professionals to further build our practice. We are pleased to offer opportunities working either remotely or hybrid from our office in New York City, the center of the investment universe!
What You Can Expect Day-to-day
As a Managing Director, you will lead a group of client accounts and manage multiple dedicated account teams of varying experience levels, driving client account strategy and managing program execution. You are also a leader in our organization, sharing your experience and insights and contributing to key firmwide initiatives.
- Developing customized IR strategies and programs, leading successful execution and maintaining quality control.
- Counseling senior executives and corporate communications teams, highlighting opportunities for clients, anticipating needs and generating ideas.
- Drafting and reviewing technical corporate communications materials.
- Directing and overseeing technical, data-driven research and analysis.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of roadshows, meetings and other investor-oriented events.
- Event planning and on-site support, including occasional travel.
- Contributing to various internal initiatives (networking, company newsletter, overseeing internal resources).
- Lead client and internal meetings.
- Active management of employees on client accounts and formal and informal mentorship of employees outside of client accounts.
- Highly motivated, experienced professional with more than 5 years relevant work experience in healthcare IR, who can provide knowledgeable support and seamless execution in managing client accounts while successfully managing multiple account teams. Some agency experience preferred.
- Effective communicator, strategic thinker and flexible self-starter who can collaborate across a dynamic, cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively across all levels and industrywide.
- Ability to provide experienced counsel on industry dynamics, including key players, financing preparation and RegFD disclosures, and to apply customized strategies based on varying client considerations.
- Proven ability to direct, develop and deliver clear, compelling and consistent messaging and content, including corporate presentations, press releases and Q&A and complex research and analysis.
- Ability to manage priorities, budgets and timelines to ensure client satisfaction and to manage internal team engagement, workload and resources.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills; comfort learning new technologies and data platforms (such as Factset, Pitchbook, Alphasense, IR Insight).
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Accessible and responsive to clients and colleagues.
- Exacting attention to accuracy, presentation and quality control.
- High ethical and professional standards, including confidentiality.
- Committed to helping create and maintain a safe, mutually-respectful workplace that embraces diversity & inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree.
Stern Investor Relations, Inc., is a leading provider of investor relations services to entrepreneurial healthcare and biotechnology companies. Precision Medicine Group is a leading services provider to innovative life sciences companies, focused on supporting global companies in next-generation approaches to drug development and commercialization.
Precision is required by law in some states or cities to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to: skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Precision, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. This role is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, health insurance, retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, and paid time off for sick leave and vacation, among other benefits.
Reasonable estimate of the current range
$167,000 — $230,000 USD
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com .