Join the hundreds of talented and innovative team members who are making an impact every day at California Times, incorporating Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune, two of the most iconic media brands in the nation. Whether you love to tell compelling stories or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the Los Angeles Times team is the place to be.Job Description Summary
The Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune are looking for a data-driven, creative, user-centric product marketer to support its engagement mission with subscribers and non-subscribers.
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of, and help to shape, the Product Marketing team within the Consumer Marketing group. The Product Marketing team is purposefully structured so that each Product Marketing Manager can focus deeply on a few key areas of the business and become the expert. The team is comprised of specialists in their field who have a passion for our journalism and a desire to build audience demand and show the relevance of these products to our diverse communities through engagement-driving marketing plans.
The Product Marketing Manager will lead reader engagement projects for the Lifestyle vertical, including Image Magazine, and editorial partnerships (What to Do This Weekend newsletter, new weekend product with Amy King, etc.). This is an exciting opportunity to build relationships across all departments and partner with editorial, product, data, and sales teams to create strategic marketing plans, continually measure their impact and report back on optimizations for next time.Job Description
Your day-to-day will include a combination of strategic thinking and executional excellence, the integration of marketing strategy and product experience. You will bring digital product marketing knowledge, a history of working with product teams to create new product adoption ideas, and an understanding of brand strategy.Responsibilities
- Experience creating and driving successful go-to-market strategies for product and content launches, including aligning product marketing, and messaging to a larger brand narrative and translating brand strategy into product marketing output
- Research consumer and product trends using first- and third-party sources – then use those insights to create clear and thoughtful creative briefs
- Create process and systems to set yourself and the cross-departmental team up for success related to Image Magazine, the Lifestyle vertical and editorial partnership launches and sustainment campaigns
- Proactively identify opportunities to connect our content to new and diverse audiences within L.A. and San Diego, leveraging your first-hand knowledge of both markets and external market trends
- Demonstrate empathy for customers and a strong understanding of user experience
- Balance creative, conceptual thinking with a data-driven mindset and eye for detail; excel in both creative and analytical environments; identify and assess success metrics
- Capacity for, and interest in, flexing across both strategy and execution
- Collaboration with different disciplines; build trust and relationships quickly
- A motivated self-starter who can operate both autonomously and collaboratively and has a passion for initializing and forging new opportunities
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and communication skills – you’re an excellent listener who can connect the dots quickly and identify ways to cut through the clutter and drive actionable meetings, written communications, etc.
- 7+ years of related experience in marketing, product marketing or product management, including at least 4 years of insights-driven go-to-market experience.
- A positive spirit, inclusive mentality, diplomatic approach, and growth mindset
- Critical thinker who can make wise decisions
- Must be a team player with a results-oriented focused
- Experience in creating strategic briefs
- Digital subscription, content, newsletter, or mobile app experience a plus
- Account management experience at a performance marketing agency a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
This role is eligible for remote work.
The L.A. Times is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes expressions of interest from people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Explore our company history, achievement, values, mission and more on our career site.
The pay scale for this position is $95,000 to $120,000. This is the pay scale range the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position at the time of this posting. Compensation will be determined based on skills, qualifications and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position. Please visit our career site to view the benefits available to our employees.
The Company is a mandatory vaccination employer for COVID-19 and its variants. The Company requires that its employees be fully vaccinated as of their start date. If you require a medical or religious accommodation, we will engage in the interactive process with you. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to start. If we make you an offer and you are not yet vaccinated, we will accommodate a delay in start date.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles Times! We look forward to reviewing your application.