Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Recruiting Organization American Red Cross of the Los Angeles Region
This position supports the Regional Communications department. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. Red Cross Bloggers and Feature Writers are a part of a creative content volunteer team that creates professionally written content for news releases, media alerts, and regional platforms including blogs, social media feeds, websites, and other outlets.
- Follow the Communications calendar to highlight regional and chapter events, produce copy, amplify blogs, and edit the chapter newsletters within deadlines.
- Communicate with communications team contact to write, compose, and edit chapter newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Editing and content must be approved by regional communications team before publication.
- Ad-hoc, revise messaging for appropriate tone and language
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Strong writing, editing, research and interpersonal skills.
- Must be familiar with basic computer operations and have the ability to upload content to the blog or by email remotely.
- Authentic, creative, funny, and engaging storyteller.
Commitment 6 - 12 months with a renewable opportunity
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount None
This opportunity is recurring
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.