Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 13 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.Job Description
We’re looking for a sharp Reporter to be a part of our the Payments Dive publication. You’ll regularly write business, financial and regulatory stories on payments industry companies, including breaking news briefs, earnings-related pieces and in-depth original stories. The job will give you an opportunity to build a beat in the burgeoning payments arena. You’ll assist in editing stories and the newsletter, cultivate relationships with sources and collaborate with a team of experienced journalists. This position reports to the Lead Editor.What Can You Bring To The Table
What You'll Do
- A track record of strong writing and reporting skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced news environment. Experience in business, financial services, payments and/or fintech reporting is highly preferred.
- An ability to interpret and analyze business concepts and major news stories, including financial reports and government regulations.
- An ability to build relationships with industry, government and other sources and grasp complex subjects related to the payments industry.
- Strong digital news knowledge and aptitude.
- Deadline-oriented time management skills; an ability to turn around stories on tight deadlines, including breaking news coverage.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- A bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- At least 3 years experience writing and reporting.
When applying please provide one or two clips of your work that you are particularly proud of!
- Play a key role in contributing excellent news stories to the Payments Dive web site and daily newsletter, and work with the rest of the team on assignments and editing in a collaborative fashion.
- Help identify key industry storylines we can own.
- Pitch and execute standout pieces on breaking news in the industry, as you follow timely payments topics and broader trends.
- Track analytics to gauge what stories are resonating with readers.
- Work with the Payments team in a growing newsroom that encourages innovative and creative projects.
The salary range for this role is $50,250 - $70,000 based on experience.Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.