Everyday Health Group (EHG) is a recognized leader in patient and provider education and services attracting an engaged audience of over 74 million health consumers and over 890,000 U.S. practicing physicians and clinicians. Our mission is to drive better clinical and health outcomes through decision-making informed by highly relevant information, data, and analytics. We empower healthcare providers, consumers and payers with trusted content and services delivered through Everyday Health Group’s world-class brands.
Everyday Health is looking for an experienced Editor and multi-format content creator with a passion for health and wellness to join The Well Innovation Lab & Content Studio. Our mission is to empower and inspire people to live their healthiest lives every day — and that starts with the talented, enthusiastic people in our New York office.
The Well Innovation Lab & Content Studio comprises a team of editorial, creative, and video production experts who work collaboratively to conceive and deliver new site content products and ideas in a variety of formats, including editorial articles, quizzes, videos, tools, interactives, branded content, and more. This team partners cross-functionally with departments such as Content Strategy/SEO, Editorial, Audience and Channel Marketing, Product, Integrated Marketing, and Client Success Management, and regularly works with external freelancers and vendors, from writers to production companies.
- Generate story ideas, assign, and edit engaging, trusted health content through publication, including working with SEO, photo/design, medical review, copyedit, and production
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, video producers, and integrated marketing to conceive and produce smart editorial solutions, including new tools, videos, and other interactive elements that serve patients/users and attract revenue opportunities
- Work with the Everyday Health video team to produce a variety of video content, such as patient stories, expert interviews, animated explainer videos, Facebook Lives, fitness videos, food/cooking videos, and more
- Use site data, patient and marketplace insights, and SEO guidance to drive content decisions for a variety of health topics, keeping the Everyday Health brand and voice top of mind
- Expand our roster of contributing writers, patient influencers, HCPs, and non-profit organizations for interviews and participation in video projects
- Collaborate with social media, programming, and newsletter teams on the promotion of content programs, contributing click-worthy promotional copy as needed
- Edit and produce branded content projects, including working with the Client Success Management team to coordinate with agencies and clients
- 5+ years of digital journalism and content development experience; experience working directly within content management systems is a strong plus
- Strong background in health content, including the treatment and management of conditions and diseases, and the ability to distill complex information into easily understandable and engaging information for users
- Experience managing freelance writers and production partners
- Contacts and sources in the health space such as HCPs, non-profit organizations, and patient influencers, as well as experienced freelance writers
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices and editorial standards, inclusive of the distinction between editorial and branded content, to create credible, authoritative content
- Excellent writing, editing, and storytelling skills with proven experience writing for and producing video content; video editing experience a plus but not required
- A passion for reaching audiences in new ways, with an ability to brainstorm and work collaboratively on innovative, creative ideas
- Experience managing branded content projects
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality or attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
Our Culture and Values
We created our values together to guide our collective purpose and pursuits. We are collaborators and problem solvers. We empower one another to make informed decisions and to be enabled towards action. We embrace success. We recognize that innovation can spark and be born from any of us no matter our individual role or background. We encourage open mindedness and sensitivity to each other and our environment. Our personal and professional passions get ignited, nurtured and supported. We value that doing is greater than talking as the most measurable means of impact. Our collective purpose to deliver enlightened audience experiences with trusted brands is what drives the success of our business and our professional satisfaction.
Life at Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave, Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic, flexible work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you. Everyday Health Group has employees located in 38 states as well as offices in NYC, Asheville, London, England and Mumbai, India.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.