You may know Lighthouse Lab Services as a laboratory consulting and recruiting company, but have you thought about joining Lighthouse as one of its team members?
We are seeking a Human Resources Director interested in a full-time position to serve our organization.
If you are interested in a full-time role with us, we would love to hear from you!
Snapshop / What You'll Do:
The HR Director creates a consistent and rewarding company atmosphere for all our people, at all levels of the company and in multiple locations and worksites. The incumbent solicits feedback from employees and supervisors, identifies pain points within the employee experience, and together with the HR Team and other managerial team members, works on implementing solutions that help improve employee relations, effectiveness, and productivity.
The HR Director is part of the business services team and manages the HR vendors and processes for the company. The incumbent will take on a variety of HR administrative duties which may include vendor management, hiring, training, onboarding, leadership development, culture development, diversity and involvement initiatives, benefit enrollment and management, reporting, policy implementation, leave management, workforce improvement strategies, and improving employee relations within the company.
The HR Director makes sure that policies are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that company policies are followed. This role includes record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
The HR Director leads and oversee other HR Team Members and encourage them to embody the corporate identity in appearance, demeanor, values, and ethics. Predominantly, the HR Director is known as a positive spokesperson, an opinion leader, and a community influencer, appointed as an internal agent to boost employee morale and company culture. This is an employee facing role where being service minded with a proactive attitude is essential for success.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Requirements:
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must be able to view a computer screen for long periods of time. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field required
- 5+ years of human resource management experience required, healthcare industry preferred
- HR National certification from organizations such as SHRM or PHR, preferred
- 3+ years of leadership experience, preferred
- Knowledge of multi-state regulations
- Leads by example and shows ability to mentor and/or leads others.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and BASIC DUTIES:
- Handles all management administration for direct reports including participating in the interviewing and hiring processes, performance management meetings and evaluations, coaching, and timecards and PTO approvals.
- Manages, monitors, and reports assigned team’s performance on key metrics.
- Demonstrates independent judgement to resolve issues and escalates issues appropriately.
- Represents direct reports by communicating with management regarding team morale, best practices, questions or input, and perceptions of Company direction.
- Oversees and manages new HR initiatives and processes that enhances the HR team’s efficiency, cost-saving, or other development for the Company.
- Takes initiative to coach supervisors or leaders regarding any employment concerns, practices, or conduct.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; corrective action matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Communicate with candidates moving through the employee hiring processes including, but not limited to phone and email communication, preparing letters and files, complete background checks and employee eligibility verifications, request equipment and software, and other onboarding steps.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, and continuing education. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications.
- Build and maintain knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews employee handbooks, policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Create all-company documents, tools, brochures, training, and other employee communication needs regarding the company’s benefits and culture events.
- Collate and manage employee feedback through employee surveys or ad-hoc pulse surveys, conversations or check-ins, and report employee perspectives to help guide the Company with business decisions.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring or escalating complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Administer other peer/value recognition programs and support a strategy to drive the right behaviors, celebrate our best and our brightest, and enhance engagement.
- Attends and participates in employee progressive coaching meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Audit HR reports and remittance notices and recommending corrective practices to ensure compliance or accuracy.
- Come up with creative ideas to show appreciation to our team members and collaborate with other team members to create an amazing place to work.
- Develop internal communication and engagement strategies including company newsletter, all-hands slides/announcements, and recommending engagement strategies.
- Assist with developing culture initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Ensure all documentation is turned in and stored in appropriate places.
Benefits and Perks:
- $90,000 - $110,000 Annual Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefit offerings starting Day 1
- Unlimited paid time off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan: We will match 100% of your contributions up to 3% of annual salary, then 50% of your contributions for the next 2% (up to 4% match).
- Company-provided Life Insurance + AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Partially Paid Medical Leave / Paid Parental Leave
Lighthouse Lab Services is the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company. With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we have cultivated a collaborative team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. We enjoy a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. This atmosphere enables us to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service to fulfill our mission of making laboratory testing more accessible.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
4 reasons why so many of us love working at Lighthouse:
- We make a difference. We make quality lab testing more accessible & we give away a portion of our profits to non-profit organizations like Water For Good. Giving back is so important to us, we give two paid days off per year to volunteer for a non-profit of our choice.
- We have a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. We've been on the INC 5000 fastest growing company list 4 times now, including 2022!
- Our Health, Dental & Vision insurance is available Day One - no waiting period. We also have a 401k plan with up to 4% match with no vesting period.
- We share kudos & thank you's each week to appreciate one another.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com