Keenan is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century. Keenan continues to grow at a rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future employees.
This is a hybrid position based in Torrance, CA.
Keenan has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Content Writer. The primary responsibilities include preparing proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information from sales lead and subject matter experts; writing drafts; obtaining approvals for written content; drafting and/or editing blog and advertising content. Additionally, to provide day-to-day support for all writing requirements for the Marketing Department, as directed by the Vice President of Marketing, including, but not limited to: newsletter support, including assistance with identification of topics and development of articles (both writing of original content and editing of submitted materials); Web site content support, including creation of original articles and editing of submitted articles for all Keenan hosted sites; and, other Marketing Department created communications. Additional writing support for other departments with the editing and presentation of materials related to both internal communications and client education and communication pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of RFP responses, including:
- Follow the defined proposal process based on the type of proposal.
- Meets proposal milestones and deadlines defined by the prospect/client, and establish timeline for milestones for internal teams.
- Facilitate meetings related to the proposal, as needed, and obtain information from producers and service teams as appropriate for the proposal preparation.
- Obtain approvals as appropriate from key providers and project managers.
- Improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and suggesting processes changes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate, if appropriate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Support the VP with the development and maintenance of proposal answer database.
- Creation and/or updating product off-the-shelf template proposals to be utilized by the sales teams for specific products.
- Support the VP with Keenan newsletters, websites, landing pages, etc., including: identification of topics, creation of articles, editing of content.
- Coordination with resources for document set-up (i.e., HTML mark up) and posting/distribution of newsletters
- Interface with graphic design staff for layout and production of finished materials.
- Create and maintain project timelines for each project to ensure required timeline is met.
- Attend project planning and implementation meetings and coordinate project management with requesting department/division contact.
- Coordinate with VP, Marketing to facilitate scheduling and coordination of projects to ensure timely completion and appropriate workload distribution.
- Assist and serve as back-up for other Marketing development projects.
- Create/maintain project files.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in communications, preferred.
- Strong written communications skills essential.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to grasp new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to learn specifics of each product line, so that the benefit of these products can adequately be communicated in proposals and other communications materials.
- Must be able to work independently and perform multiple tasks.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when required. Intermediate to advance knowledge of RFPIO software is preferred.