Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director, Client Partnerships to join our growing advertising team on the west coast!
Why it matters: In this role you will work with new and existing partners to build Axios’ revenue through successful client partnerships. You’ll be a key player on the Client Partnerships team and a brand ambassador for Axios, manage large existing relationships for Axios’ Core Media team, and proactively network across the market and create new opportunities for our company. You will develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with agency and client partners to expand Axios' footprint.
Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission. This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills, an ability to understand partner business priorities and develop creative solutions, and a proven ability to generate leads. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- 7+ years’ experience in sales, specifically in the digital media/news industry
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Comfortable with a mix of outbound sales strategy as well as the nurturing of inbound leads and existing client relationships
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration skills and the willingness to proactively partner with Axios Brand Studio and events team
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.