Better Business Bureau –
Serving the Heart of Texas
Community Service Manager
: Austin, TX
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Who are we?
BBB serving the Heart of Texas is an award-winning organization named a top employer by Austin American-Statesman, among the top 50 best nonprofits to work for by The Non-Profit Times, and one of the 100 best places to work in Texas by Texas Monthly. We are a mid-sized organization with a commitment to growth and take pride in our culture, which includes a strong work ethic balanced with a real sense of fun, work-life balance, and achievement!
Who are you?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Better Business Bureau is looking for an Investigator to join the team. An investigator will perform highly complex (senior-level) investigative work in collaboration with team members, assists in leading and coordinating a team, acts as a liaison with external stakeholders such as state or federal agencies, helps prepare case investigative reports, including assisting with investigation outcomes published on BBB.org. You will have at least two years of investigation, research, or auditing experience in a related field. We are looking for a curious candidate who enjoys researching information and using the information to make educated decisions for our investigation initiatives.
About The Position
This position will require involvement with all BBB communications, including investigations, press releases, and news markets. Under the direction of the Customer Experience Manager, this position will lead the Business Practices Team on projects, that requires an in-depth analysis for conducting investigations, inter-department communication, and external resources. The role will require professional and effective delivery of information, ideas, and research internally and externally.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Writes, edits, and publishes investigation outcomes on public BBB Business Profiles, including referring investigations to Communications for consideration for press releases, articles, columns, tips, talking points, newsletter content, and social media content, as needed.
- Research information through interviews, government websites, databases, and any other applicable method of formalizing an investigation on a company.
- Responsible for keeping detailed files on all investigations, including backup for all material supporting investigative work.
- Monitor Scam Tracker entries that victims publish.
- Follow up on any entries that describe bad business practices.
- Follow up on entries describing the possible trend of scams occurring to a specific demographic or geographic region.
- Use various sources to access information, including public documents, court records, advertisements, websites, BBB’s database, personal interviews, and information accessed by other BBB Employees.
- Contact consumers and businesses in response to leads generated by consumer disputes, work with other BBBs, spike reports, advertising review, the information provided by BBB staff, investigation intake forms, and BBB reports and resources.
- Conduct investigations and ad reviews on companies located in our BBB service area to improve their business practices.
Knowledge, Skills, And Qualifications
- Extensive business writing skills to create written communication with businesses under investigation by BBB and protect the interests and assets of BBB and the Board of Directors. Ability to prepare comprehensive written summaries and recommendations on investigative activities.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communications skills with high attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofreading materials.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle numerous diverse tasks simultaneously and make decisions and recommendations based solely on verifiable facts.
- Ability to work without supervision in a team environment and under strict deadlines. Ability to interpret laws and regulations and BBB by-laws.
- Ability to develop and maintain credible relationships with private and public agencies.
- Strong skills in compiling and interpreting the information available in several resources.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive information and documents with confidentiality.
- Must deal well in high-pressure situations, demonstrate good judgment, and maintain a good attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business, or related degree
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- No nights or weekends!
- Flexible 40-hour schedule.
- Medical and additional benefits are available.
- Group rates for health, dental, and vision coverage for dependents.
- Tax-free flex spending account.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 5% match and immediate vesting.
- 10 paid holidays and birthdays off!
Powered by JazzHR