The right candidate will join ANEW in a time of exciting growth and increased public awareness and reputation. The Outreach and Communication Manager will set and guide the strategy for ANEW’s communication, website, outreach, public relations, and event planning to tell our story. This position will ensure ANEW is viewed as the primary source of information and expertise within our network and partnerships.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan
• Lead the generation of content for and manage ANEW’s external communications
• Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to design and implement effective strategies to keep donors informed and engaged in the organization
• Establish and monitor benchmarks for measuring the growth of ANEW’s community and analyze, review and report on effectiveness of new initiatives
• Will work with multiple departments on marketing requests, needs and deadlines
• Identify and research media outlets, producers, editors and reporters receptive to ANEW’s message
• Generate press releases and make follow-up calls to engage media in coverage of ANEW’s events and activities
• Manage the content for all social media platforms
• Help facilitate the onsite podcast program
Publications and Website
• Manage the updating of existing brochures and other print, online and graphic materials as needed
• Coordinate the production of a monthly newsletter and ANEW’s annual report
• Supervise external graphic designers and writers as needed
• Manage the organization’s website
• Will help assist the Director of Strategic Partnerships coordinate ANEW hosted events
• Demonstrated commitment to economic, racial, and social justice and an understanding of the ways institutions and systems hurt communities of color through both conscious and unconscious bias.
• Flexibility and adaptability in working with a growing non-profit.
• Strong communication and administrative skills with a proven track record of managing multiple projects.
• Experience in working with collaborative partnerships
• Wordpress website development and maintenance experience
• Adobe Creative Suite