Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers
bringing our characters to life, the creators
bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers
creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The intern program is part of the Early Talent team that focuses on bringing emerging talent to Warner Bros. Discovery. Our team aims to create the best in class intern program that provides students with the opportunity to work on real world projects that go beyond the classroom. We handle all of the recruitment for our nationwide program, execute events and workshops, foster an alumni program, and market WBD on campus.
The Intern will report to the Sr. Recruiter with all related internal and external collegiate activities and initiatives, which includes assisting with event planning and execution (intern events, campus activities, job fairs, diversity partner activations, etc.) and recruitment and facilitation of Warner Bros. Discovery's internship programs. You will also get to assist in engaging interns through our newsletter and on other communication platforms, planning events (intern events, campus activities, job fairs, diversity partner activations, etc.), designing marketing materials, and working on collecting original intern created content.
Support team with administrative duties, including (but not limited to) :
- Assist Early Talent teams with conception, planning, and execution of internal and external events along with maintaining an event calendar
- Build camaraderie amongst interns across the nation through engaging in in-person and online events along with our communication channels
- Sourcing and screening candidates from Early Talent recruitment activities, diversity partner organizations, recruitment pipeline, and inbound applications
- Support upcoming and ongoing diversity recruitment initiatives; contribute ideas and participate actively in planning and implementation
- Support Early Talent efforts to engage intern alumni and pipeline candidates for entry level opportunities
- Compile and analyze program data to identify opportunities for process and program improvement
- Partner with the Brand Specialist to design flyers and marketing materials
- Brainstorm and create content for weekly intern newsletters
- Research creative ideas to advertise and market Warner Bros. Discovery on campus
- Help with the intern content creation challenge
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree; HR, Communications, Business, Marketing, or a related field preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Slides, Docs, and Sheets); experience with MS Teams and/or Outlook preferred
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and Canva
- Excellent verbal and written communication; must be able to communicate effectively with team members from entry to senior levels
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Must be resourceful and be able to juggle various tasks
- Event planning or execution experience preferred
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And Finally, What To Know Before Applying
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.