Position Title: Analyst Editorial (Corporate Communications, LSC)
The Editorial Analyst supports internal communications by creating unique and engaging content for JetBlue crewmembers for various channels including On the Fly (mobile news app), Daily News (company-wide e-newsletter), HelloJetBlue (intranet), and others as needed. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, highly proactive, excels under tight deadlines, has a passion for aviation and travel and a curiosity to always learn more. We’re not just looking to fill our channels with stories that land in our laps: We’re looking for a candidate who will generate ideas for smart, creative editorial—and then track down the expert to interview, ask them the right questions, and turn that into a compelling story. Our goal is to engage, educate and entertain our Crewmembers with a constant flow of content. The Analyst, Editorial reports to the Manager Internal Content & Editor In Chief.
- Compile and send JetBlue’s Daily News, produced each weekday (including holidays).
- Manage day-to-day content updates in On the Fly and on HelloJetBlue. Ensure key tools and resources are functional and content is accurate, and moderate Crewmember comments across channels.
- Closely track key developments across the company and industry to share the scoop with Crewmembers, and regularly pitch ideas for new stories.
- Maintain an editorial calendar to ensure a steady stream of compelling, original content for our channels.
- Be great at pinning down “the why” behind company stories by vividly connecting news with our greater mission, vision and values.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather information on programs, partnerships, events and initiatives. Then, make the content accessible and relevant for our broad, company-wide news audience. Much of the content we create is essential for many Crewmembers to do their jobs efficiently, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. You’ll do well in this role if you have a clever sense of humor and understand when it’s okay to lighten up—and when you just need to deliver the no-nonsense news.
- Practice a firm commitment to accuracy, proofreading and fact-checking.
- Interview leaders and Crewmembers to develop clear and compelling narratives. Be fearless in asking questions and clarifying details. You can always take stuff out, but you can’t make stuff up.
- Regularly monitor performance of the content you produce through Google Analytics and other tools to develop an understanding of what works and what doesn’t work; share findings with Corporate Communications team to help the broader team continually refine its work.
- Reflect our JetBlue brand voice and style in all communications.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing and/or other communications related fields; OR a demonstrated capability to perform job responsibilities with a High School Diploma/GED and four (4) years of relevant work experience
- One (1) year demonstrated experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations.
- Candidates who successfully pass the interview stage must demonstrate strong written communication skills through a work sample exercise.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Must possess strong organizational, planning, and time-management abilities to be able to produce multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and manage self towards goals, while being a genuine team player.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
- Strong research and communications skills and knowledge of industry news.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Basic HTML and Photoshop skills.
- Close attention to detail and while delivering exceptional customer service with little supervision.
- Available for occasional overnight travel (15%).
- Currently in possession of a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States.
- Able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Authorization to work in the US is required. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Preferred Experience And Qualifications
- Aviation or travel industry work experience.
- Three (3) years of professional corporate communications or agency experience.
- Experience working on editorial projects including newsletters, websites, magazines, blogs and other multimedia outlets with a demonstrated ability to break down complex information into content (both long- and short-form) that is fun to read and share.
- Visual thinker with a knack for video, graphics, photography, illustrations to boost the performance of content.
- Experience tracking and analyzing editorial content performance metrics.
- Multilingual (English + Spanish or French professional fluency).
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice—including occasional nights and weekends in response to breaking news or other issues.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance.
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft.
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun.
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards.
- Identify safety and/or security concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal office environment (hybrid)
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
- The base pay range for this position is between $58,500.00 and $89,600.00 per year. Base pay is one component of JetBlue’s total compensation package, which may also include access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, crewmember stock purchase plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, free space available travel on JetBlue, and more.