Job Purpose: The Social Media Specialist is an integral member of this innovative educational team. Managing, measurement, engagement and assisting with content development across social media channels. Which includes Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, Google+, and other platforms. With the goal of growing as a leader in the sexual health education community. To make sure that the company’s content and brand are consistent and visible in the social media community.
This is a virtual part-time position with the possibility of future full-time employment.
Job Description and Duties:
- Develop a detailed social campaign calendar with clear brand identity.
- Assist in the vision, plan, and execution of daily social content from end-to-end, including conception, copywriting, recording, photographing, and video editing for stories and posts
- Assist with design and content for the brand blog, website, and newsletter, integrating SEO best practices to support search strategy.
- Assisting with designing original video and static content on all our social media channels, including Instagram (Reels, Stories, Posts), Tik Tok, Pinterest and others TBD
- Manage reporting for social media channels and deliver metrics every month.
- Plan, schedule, and post weekly Instagram story content, ensuring they serve merchandise/business goals.
- Write compelling, on-brand copy that fits the specific goals of the online marketing platform
- Develop, maintain, and implement the social media and content, strategic marketing plan, goals, and objectives.
- Support community management/audience interaction as needed.
- Understand and be able to navigate the current algorithms associated with online platforms.
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Practical organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to navigate image and video design software to edit digital platforms.
- Knowledge of Slack and website interaction.
Education and Experience:
1. College degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, communication, or another relevant area preferred.
2. Hands-on experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
3. 1-5 years of experience in social media and content marketing, with proven records.
4. 1-5 years’ experience in digital marketing and social media; required.
5. Willing to learn about the sexual health education field.
You must include a cover letter detailing why you are an excellent fit for the company. Applications must have a cover letter to be considered.