Content Strategist, Communications Team. New York. Posting Date: 03/02/2023. Deadline: 03/19/2023
Do you want to help make the world a better place with your digital expertise and editorial skills? We’re seeking a Content Strategist
based in New York to create and manage content across multiple digital platforms.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
Communications plays a central role in the work of the Foundations by coordinating and strengthening the public presence of the global network and by helping to advance relevant issues. Communications works to raise the Foundations’ public profile by promoting the network’s many noteworthy achievements as well as responding to attacks from opponents of open society around the world. The department focuses on campaigning, media outreach, content development and messaging, creative and digital strategy, and internal communications to support the Open Society network worldwide.
Part of the Communications team and reporting to the Head of Digital, the Content Strategist will create and manage content across multiple digital platforms, all in service of advancing Open Society advocacy and issues. The role is part of a digital team that includes in-house staff and external consultants, and collaborates closely with Creative, Editorial, and Advocacy teams to amplify the Open Society mission around the world.As a Content Strategist, You Will
What We Are Looking For
- Create and manage content for digital platforms, working closely with Editorial and Creative teams to shape stories and messaging into content optimized for engagement across email, social, and web
- Create and deploy an engagement strategy for the email and newsletter program
- Serve as lead strategist and writer for the email program, including writing, drafting, and building email sends and templates and managing email list database
- Manage content and editorial calendars
- Help update and maintain content on OSF websites
- Help maintain editorial voice and establish best practices across digital channels
- Assist in writing for web and social media channels, including for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and video
- As needed, manage digital projects and initiatives in coordination with other teams and outside vendors
- Perform other duties as assigned
Desirable (but Not Required)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in digital communications
- Superior skills in writing, editing, and managing digital content
- Demonstrated ability to craft messages for multiple audiences across multiple channels
- Broad experience managing an email or newsletter program
- Broad experience working with contact and content management systems and publishing platforms, such as Mailchimp, Wordpress, and Salesforce
- Strong attention to consistency and detail
- Experience with HTML and CSS
What We Offer
- Willingness to travel for work on occasion
- Additional languages
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and network discussions and events with internal and visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more.
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
- For our office in New York City, the salary range for this role is USD 86,900 to USD 160,800
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV; we look forward to learning more about you.Competitive rates of pay apply.
Open Society Foundations is committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, and to building a diverse staff that reflects the movements, issues and communities that our mission serves. Candidates from all underrepresented backgrounds, identities and communities are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.