Who We Are
The Daily Upside is a fast-growing digital media company covering business, finance, economics, and investing. Our team of career journalists covers the events and forces shaping the global business climate with a passion for peeling back the layers of market-moving stories.
Our flagship newsletter has scaled from zero to 850k+ subscribers in less than three years and boasts an industry-leading 45% unique open rate. Patent Drop, our tech newsletter, reaches 20k+ technologists, engineers, and product strategists with differentiated coverage on the future of tech. In the first quarter of 2023, we are launching an enterprise newsletter on the intersection of Wall Street and DC with a prominent investigative journalist.
Above all else, our mission is to empower forward-thinking global business leaders with a nuanced understanding of the subtext and underlying drivers shaping the economic outlook. We write in a manner that’s equal parts engaging and illuminating, with a mission to be a “must read” for global business leaders looking to stay sharp on important trends.Job Description
The Head of Brand Partnerships & Sales Strategy is a new player/coach leadership role that will be charged with architecting the future of the revenue organization at The Daily Upside. TDU is a media startup, which will require you to wear many hats, and most days will not look the same. The role is an opportunity for the right person to come in and truly build alongside the Founder & CEO.What This Means Is That You Will
To succeed in this role means you should be an expert in the following areas on Day 1:
- Drive Revenue. Forge and nurture client relationships at brands at agencies to unlock proactive and reactive (RFP) revenue opportunities.
- Build a Multi-Team Org. Hire and manage individuals and teams ranging from sales to account management to creatives.
- Set & Implement Strategy. Own the vision and execution of how TDU’s products and franchises make money.
- Embody the Brand. Speak and present to the market and clients, representing the values and story of TDU.
Who You Are
- Leadership & Management. You have previously and successfully hired, led, and managed both people and teams, and understand how to forecast, track and report on performance .
- Brand Partnerships. You live and breathe the core tenets of what makes for great partnerships, and come to the table with an existing set of relationships and rolodex
- Sales Strategy. You can clearly and succinctly define who your prospects are and why, as well as what is needed to retain, renew, and grow existing accounts.
- Sales Cycle Management. From meeting with decision-makers, understanding their campaign KPIs, and negotiating and closing new business.
- Data Utilization. You can turn specific data and audience insights into stories and pitches mapped to areas of revenue opportunity.
- Significant professional digital or integrated media sales experience, ideally with additional experience in an account management, sales strategy, consulting, and/or creative role.
- Quality rolodex of brand and agency media investment relationships, with a specific focus on the finance category.
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quotas as a result of the sale of complex deal.
- Impeccable ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and manage your time.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills, both internally and externally.
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills. You understand accountability and put the team first, alway