Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
We are seeking a full-time Technical Director/Studio Manager to help build our slate of programming and workflows from our New York Studios. This position will help shape how Morning Brew makes video and audio content in our brand new IP studio facility.
This is the perfect position for a person with 3-5 years’ experience in a control room setting developing and executing best practices for productions. A position such as this requires a proven history of collaborative and team-oriented work approach.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
- Provide leadership and management for control room activities and staff
- Develop best practices for studio operations in conjunction with VP, Tech & Operations
- Direct and switch live broadcasts and live-to-tape shows
- Operate recording or broadcast studio controls and production techniques
- Work with various production and post production teams to deliver final products
- Ability to set up and configure PTZ Cameras
- Working knowledge of infrastructure systems including routers, RTS intercom, monitoring, KVM, audio suites, and other live production-related gear
- Testing equipment as needed to ensure proper operation
- Take ownership of equipment and studio space in conjunction with Production Manager
- Assist with studio & equipment maintenance
- 3-5 years experience as Technical Director or similar role
- Working knowledge of vMix
- Demonstrated history of leading successful studio production teams
- Experience with video routers
- A deep knowledge of NDI, SDI, and Dante is preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video signals in traditional SDI and NDI routing environments
- Understanding of studio and set technologies including cameras, ip video, and lighting equipment
- Ability to remove, lift and replace equipment in racks as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to frame issues clearly
- Strong desire to learn, cross-train, and a passion to maintain current knowledge of relevant and emerging technologies
- Associates or Technical degree is preferred, however various combinations of education and experience will be considered
$85-110k. Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience. Total offer package to include benefits highlighted under our perks section below.
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
HOW WE TREAT EACH OTHER
• Respectful Candor: We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy: We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity: We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
HOW WE TREAT OUR WORK
• Curiosity: We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability: We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action: We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality: We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose: We understand the “why" in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
🌴 Unlimited PTO: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
🏠 U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from a coffee shop, work from your friend’s sofa, or work from…
🏢 Brew’s Brand-New HQ: Pick an adjustable standing desk or cozy corner and load up on free coffee (duh) and snacks at our new two-story office space in NYC’s Flatiron District.
💰 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
⚕️ Premium health, vision, and dental plans: Your health matters!
🛋 Mental health benefits: Personalized plans and programs to promote your mental well-being.
💞 Extra help when you need it: Including a care concierge, plus free access to One Medical and the Calm app.
👪 Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
☕️ Employee Resource Groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded
👨💻 WFH stipend: Customize your home office, on us!
🏋️ Gym and workout class reimbursements: It pays to be healthy.
🎓 Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences, and so, we are committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.