Commune (onecommune.com) is looking for a dedicated Content Director to oversee various content development projects, including the Commune Podcast, our weekly Commusings newsletter, and annual digital summits. As needed, the Content Director will also be available to assist teachers in developing courses and directing those courses on set. In general, the Content Director will also be responsible for making sure content reflects our voice and mission and is effective at growing our audience.
[REQUIRED: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter describing why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Help shape the strategic direction of the Commune Podcast
- Build the Commune Podcast Network, including additional “in-house” podcasts and potential signings into the network
- Secure great guests — research upcoming book releases and trending influencers, reach out to PR agencies, etc
- Research guests and meet with the podcast host regularly to discuss key themes and shape the direction of the interview
- Write or oversee the writing of voice over copy
- Ensure titles, descriptions, and show notes are thorough and well-written
- Oversee the production of podcast social content — ensuring good excerpts, music, catchy titles, etc
- Find trending topics and do research on host-read-only episodes
- Create topic-base “content mashups”
- Coordinate podcast ad inventory with our sales team
- Report on podcast metrics
Course Development Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation Commune’s quarterly digital summits
- As needed, provide research and/or writing support to Commune teachers during course pre-production
- As needed, direct Commune course teachers on set
- Review and edit course marketing copy for a selection of Commune courses. Make it actionable and impactful!
Experience & Skills
- 8-10 years of experience working in media
- 5+ years of experience in the health & wellness space
- Ability to strategize and create exceptional content from concept to production
- Experience with a range of digital formats and a strong portfolio of creative and innovative work
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong copywriter
- Strong sense of brand
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Remote-friendly team + awesome home base in Topanga, CA
- $100,000 to $110,000 annually, based on experience.
This is a full-time role that reports directly to the Chief Content Officer and is based remotely — however commuting distance to Topanga, CA, is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.