Communications Specialist – Disney Parks, Experiences And Products
Disney Cast Members are a special community of people dedicated to bringing happiness and joy to the world. #DisneyCastLife is what connects and unites us—a strategic vision of employee culture, engagement, and communications to build a global community celebrating our Cast, Crew, Imagineers and employees. It’s the way we define our distinctly Disney employee experience centered around the authentic stories of the people we work with, interactions with the guests we create magic for, and the communities we serve.
This role supports the Employee Culture & Connections team for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), and will be responsible for digital platform management and content distribution across internal and external channels. This role will work closely with our site and line of business teams worldwide to influence and implement effective digital communication strategies, plus curate compelling employee experience storytelling aligned with key reputation driving themes. They will also support initiatives and projects led by our business partners and internal stakeholders, including our Public Relations, Events, External and Executive Communications teams.
The ideal candidate brings a robust generalist skillset including strong planning, writing and storytelling skills, plus experience managing digital platforms including blogs, intranet sites and mass email distributions. Experience with digital content creation including mobile-friendly videos, photos and graphic design is preferred, but not a necessity. This role will contribute to building a team that is nimble, creative, optimistic, disruptive, and develops fresh ideas.
- Implement and execute strategic communication plans that support key business priorities, which may include some or all the following:
- Managing media lists and/or other key internal/external audience engagement and distribution lists.
- Drafting messages, stories, scripts, and other written content.
- Coordinating e-newsletter and/or press release content and distribution.
- Posting updates to internal/external websites, digital signage, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Assisting with on-site support of internal/external media events, photo and video shoots, and executive and key stakeholder engagements.
- Creating graphics, taking photos, and/or capturing and editing video for projects/initiatives with limited scope and scale.
- Media relations support.
- Create and manage communication plans in support of small scale/low impact projects and initiatives, including collaborating with partners, identifying goals/objectives, key audiences, and timing, developing the engagement approach and messaging, overseeing asset creation, and securing approvals as needed.
- Maintain owned channels/platforms to ensure alignment with ongoing business priorities.
- Assist on creation of decks/presentations for executive leadership on Communications priorities, projects, and campaigns.
- Partner with analytics team to research, monitor, aggregate, and analyze internal/external coverage of current events and public opinion to help inform and shape communication strategies.
- Experience working in a professional/corporate environment.
- Highly organized with strong administrative and time management skills.
- Excellent writing and storytelling, presentation, and research skills, with an understanding of how to effectively communicate to different audiences.
- Ability to manage projects and campaign initiatives with an understanding of overarching goals, objective, and relevant considerations.
- Well versed in grammar and punctuation (AP Style a plus).
- Proficiency in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Mac/MS Office environment and programs such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of social media platforms/content creation.
- Trusted to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with competing priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Disney operational knowledge or experience.
- Passion for the Disney brand.
- Fosters inclusive and welcoming work environment.
- Degree or Certificate in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in California is $77,080.00 to $103,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.