Location: Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
The New York Tri-state area based Executive Assistant (EA) will be responsible for providing comprehensive executive administrative support for two London-based, C-level members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) - Chief Portfolio Services Officer & Chief Brand & Communications Officer. The individual must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to do accurate work in a timely manner in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. They will exhibit excellent decision making and problem-solving skills and will be responsible for prioritizing workloads and shifting attention among changing tasks and priorities. The individual should be honest, approachable, reliable, and experienced in working closely with executive leadership and stakeholders. This person must feel comfortable working independently and will be expected to meet in-person with other members of the Techstars team based in the NY metropolitan area.
This role will be instrumental in providing effective leverage to these ELT members to enable them to achieve their department and enterprise objectives and responsibilities. The role scope will cover a broad spectrum to include helping the leaders keep their departments running smoothly from diary management and scheduling, analyses and projects, billing and PO management and other activities to support the two teams. This role will interact heavily with the Office of the CEO and the rest of the ELT and their Executive Support team members.
About The Role
- Responsible for managing and operating the day-do-day administrative machinery to enable the ELT members to achieve their responsibilities.
- Proactively plan the executive leaders’ calendars both short and long term, aligned with the department and enterprise strategic goals.
- Ensure that the leverage machinery for follow ups, deadlines, analyses, approvals operates excellently.
- Manage a variety of special projects maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Own the management, coordination, and logistics of the ELT members’ operating cadence for their areas including all hands meetings, in-person and virtual team events, team reviews, roundtables and one-on-one employee meetings/check-ins.
- Maintain and update Google Calendar in a fast-paced, multivariate environment for the C-suite executives.
- Maintain employee database information and company policies.
- Manage departmental finances including corporate credit card, vendor onboarding and billing.
- Event planning experience is a plus as this individual will be asked to support larger departmental events.
- Work with other members of the teams to create reports about departmental activities.
- The executives are both based in the UK however the teams and most stakeholders are based in the US - so this individual must be flexible to support their executives remotely (morning Eastern time) and be able to execute with other parts of the company (afternoons Eastern) without needing ongoing feedback from the leaders.
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience supporting C-Suite executives, ideally in organizations that have scaled from early stage to mid-size or large, and/or with experience in smaller, entrepreneurial companies and large corporate environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Project Management or related field.
- Proficiency in productivity software like Microsoft Office or G-Suite, familiarity with product management software like Asana or similar, with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Able to proactively anticipate needs and plan with a forward thinking approach.
- Tough-minded, not afraid to push back or challenge while doing it with respect and the right “touch”.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to interact effectively with diverse groups of people & leaders at all levels internally and externally
- Additional skills that would be useful:
- experience working on websites and the ability to upload language into a content management systems.
- writing skills to be able to aggregate departmental achievements and turn them into a newsletter.
- Goal oriented, can think at a higher level, connect dots and synthesize information well.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving, independent judgment and sound decision making.
- Can juggle multiple and competing priorities effectively, good at prioritizing with excellent organizational skills (utilizes systems and processes to manage scope of work).
- Learner mindset, open to feedback and coaching, self-aware and wants to continuously improve.
- Can hold self and others accountable to delivering on commitments
$65,000 - $75,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $96.6 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
For More Information About E-Verify, Please See The Following
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (English and Spanish)
- Right To Work Poster (English and Spanish)