At Front Office Sports, we work hard - as we build our own niche in the world of sports media. We believe in autonomous and ambiguous work, trailblazing, and equal opportunity for all.
We are a multi-platform media brand built for the modern sports consumer. FOS reaches an influential and rapidly expanding audience of over 20M people per month across our newsletters, site, podcasts, and social channels.
FOS is backed by SC. Holdings, a New York-based investment and strategic advisory firm, and Crain Communications, one of the largest privately owned business media companies with 21 leading business, trade, and consumer brands in North America, Europe, and Asia. We are building the next generation of the business of sports, and we’ve got big plans, and we are looking for the top amongst the elite of talent to ignite this new world in sports. Join us, together, we can achieve greatness.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned media sales leader to help position the FOS brand to advertisers and agencies with excitement and drive growth at a pivotal time in the company's lifecycle. Front Office Sports is a fast-paced, high-growth organization and the ideal candidate should have experience developing a roster of both B2B and B2C brand partners.
The ideal person for this role will already build deep relationships, lead new initiatives, and represent the FOS brand. Our Director of Brand Partnerships (Boston) will work closely with and report to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Represent the Front Office Sports brand in the advertising marketplace
- Responsible for driving revenue by selling integrated packages to potential partners
- Prospect, cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with high-level advertising decision-makers at brands and agencies
- Engage and remain in communication with brand partners throughout the entire activation process from post-sales kick-off through campaign execution and wrap-up
- Build custom partnership proposals and presentations for potential brand clients
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of digital media sales experience and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Knowledgeable and passionate about digital media, brand marketing, and strategic partnerships
- Strong personal relationships with key brand and agency stakeholders
- A strong understanding of media sales packaging and selling digital sponsorships
- Previous success driving RFPs and winning new business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience selling native newsletter advertising products is a plus
In 2021, Front Office Sports was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and in 2022, named ‘Hottest in Sports’ in AdWeek’s Hot List.
Our culture is built on ambition and teamwork and our core values guide us day in and day out. We welcome and encourage the grind and unrelenting perseverance that originated this start-up.
- Efficient Excellence - The skill and agility it takes to execute an excellent process with ease.
- Ambitious Adaptability - The drive and desire to go with the flow and grind.
- Passionate Ownership - Bringing that undying dedication to your work every day, to reach new levels.
- Trailblazing Innovation - We don’t just find a way, we find ours and make it the best way.
- Consistent Quality - Do what we do well, day in and day out.
Perks & Benefits
- A remote-first policy with a monthly Work-From-Home stipend and coworking membership
- Generous PTO policy including mental health days and floating holidays, plus company holidays
- Employer-sponsored health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness perks include: a ClassPass stipend, health advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Endless development opportunities at a growing startup
- An annual professional development stipend
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until filled. To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director, Brand Partnerships (Boston)” in the subject line.
Our team will review your experience and we will touch base with you should we decide to move forward in regard to any potential next steps.