In search of an exceptional and knowledgable copywriter to join our marketing team at USTAWI! Our team is small, mighty, nimble, and looking to fill this dynamic & critical role that will contribute to the brand's success by developing compelling content for social, ecommerce, email, and paid media. The ideal copywriter will drive consistency across brand channels and be a key player in the evolution of our brand voice.
(This role will be part-time to start, with opportunities and room for growth.)
Main Areas of Focus:
- Optimizing product copy – developing engaging & SEO-friendly content
- Coordinate with SEO to develop brand copy for marketing pages (i.e., About Us, Blog, etc.)
- Identify gaps in content – for example, missing FAQ page or questions, press page, influencer pages, etc.
- Assist in developing brand tone of voice guidelines & best practices
- Lead copy development for website (product copy refresh, new product launch, blog, etc.), social, paid media (if necessary), and email marketing
- Help craft content ideas for blog posts, future influencer & UGC content
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices & HTML elements when crafting copy for website (primarily for blog, we are on Shopify CMS platform)
- Develop best practice brief to share with team to help prioritize requests
- Creative writer with ability to effortlessly craft content as required per platform (i.e., TOV "shifts" between social media platforms, "romantic" and "technical" product copy, compelling sales-forward email newsletter content, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Self-starter & highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Confident editor with a keen eye for details (i.e., typos, spelling errors, syntax, and proper grammar usage, etc.)
- 2-3 Years minimum of relevant copywriting experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional grammar, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to create, maintain, and uphold brand tone of voice
- in-depth understanding of digital, social media, and ecommerce copywriting best practices
- Keen understanding of product copywriting best practices
- Extensive experience in similar role
- Beauty/skincare experience preferred
- Portfolio with relevant work (if available) or writing samples (minimum requirement)
Swahili for well-being, USTAWI is a holistic skincare brand rooted in wellness that harnesses the power of natural ingredients skillfully combined with a rigorous scientific approach for powerfully radiant results. Formulated to protect skin and melanin from the harmful effects of pollution and environmental damage, USTAWI skincare is tested for optimal efficacy in melanin-rich skin to work for the beautiful spectrum of skin tones and types – because melanin contains multitudes.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
USTAWI actively creates a culture of inclusivity and respects that diversity in the workplace helps to foster a dynamic and collaborative environment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity for all employees, contractors, and prospective collaborators, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.