Director Marketing and Communications
- We support people to end their week with intention. Led by our core values of joy, welcoming, and elevation, we envision a whole generation of young people slowing down, getting together, unplugging from the week, creating intention in their lives, and building meaningful communities. As we expand and evolve in cities across the country, we are looking for strong team members with a passion for hosting, hospitality, Shabbat, and relationship building to help us grow our community.
- The Director, Marketing + Communications is a key member of the team that brings our three offerings to life throughout our marketing channels, participant engagement opportunities, and donor communications. Our voice is not only informative, encouraging, and concise, but captures the joy and elevation of Shabbat. You will execute marketing and communications strategies across the Family of Offerings that will lead to saturation of the Jewish young adult population and a break into the mainstream population.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about our mission and loves the challenge of thinking critically and strategically about how to further our organization’s goals through communications and marketing.
- Own donor communications (stewardship materials including emails, decks, etc.) and fundraising campaigns.
- Supervise ActiveCampaign, including assisting with our weekly newsletter.
- Communications to brand clients and other audiences.
- Coordinate with VP, Growth, and external consultants to develop and manage press strategy.
Build on and Manage the Brand
- Bring our brand to life across every aspect of the business (e.g., event materials, pitch decks, email + social campaigns, logos, and web designs).
- Oversee the website audits, design updates, and informational changes.
- Own the brand voice. Write website, email, newsletter, collateral, and similar marketing and communications copy under the organization’s name.
Data and Analytics
- Data visualization; communicate research findings to a broad audience.
- Monitor analytics to evaluate the organizations effectiveness in reaching our target audience.
- Experience writing white papers, case studies, infographic outlines, video scripts and long-form articles Graphic design experience and expertise.
- A strong understanding of/experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Squarespace, Google Analytics, ActiveCampaign, Canva, Meta and other Social Platforms.
- You know how to explain complex concepts in a clear and engaging way.
- You are committed to belonging, diversity, equity, and inclusion and know that there is a huge variety of identities and voices in the Jewish and Jewish-adjacent world, and you want to make them all feel like they belong to the organization.
- You love working on a team and have experience working with consultants.
- You have an eye for design and know when something feels “on-brand” for us.
- You are comfortable editing a variety of styles, without eliminating unique voices, love feedback and the editing process, and seek out constructive feedback if it is not readily given to you.
- You have at least a basic understanding of Shabbat and/or Judaism.
- You have a sense of humor about failure and own your mistakes.
Nice to Haves:
- PR or Public Relations, Journalism, or Agency experience
- Fluency in a second language such as Spanish, Russian, Hebrew
- HTML and CSS “fluency”
- This position is an exempt salaried position.
- The annual salary starts at $78,500 plus the following benefits:
- Health insurance — medical, dental, and vision insurance currently through Aetna;pays 85% of the healthcare premium for each employee and 50% for dependents.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible or health spending account (FSA or HSA), short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Time off:
- Paid time off (PTO) for personal, sick days, and vacation.
- The office is closed for all major Jewish holidays, as well as most federal holidays.
- Offices are also closed during the July 4th week and December 25 - January 1
- As an organization rooted in the mission of spreading Shabbat, we know the importance of having time on Fridays to start winding down and preparing for our favorite weekly holiday. The offices close at 4:00 pm (local time) every Friday and at 12:00 pm on the first Friday of each month.
- Optional and discounted identity theft protection, legal assistance program, pet insurance, travel insurance, critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity insurance, and more.
- This position is an exempt salaried position, which is not eligible for overtime.
- We offer a flexible hybrid work policy which allows you to work from anywhere in the United States. Full-time employees may choose to work from an office space or fully remote.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are an organization that values diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including minorities and persons with disabilities.