Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Provider Communications, the Communications Specialist for Behavioral Health Communications is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and distribution of behavioral health communications for a provider audience, including FAQs, newsletter articles, website copy, presentations, flyers/one-pagers, talking points, targeted provider outreach, trade organization messaging, and more.
The candidate must be able to assess communications needs, work closely with subject matter experts — as well as Senior Manager of Provider Communications and the Senior Communications Specialist for Behavioral Health — to develop accurate, engaging content; oversee review and revision process; work with graphic designer on presentation of information; and coordinate distribution of material. In addition to strong writing and editing skills, the candidate should have an understanding of the provider network audience, as the job entails communicating technical and administrative information.
In addition, the Behavioral Health Communications Specialist will represent the Provider Communications team at Behavioral Health meetings with internal and external stakeholders and assist in developing notes and materials to support these meetings. This individual is also responsible for any behavioral health policy updates are communicated appropriately in our provider newsletters and Provider Manuals.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES – What You Will Be Doing
- Collaborates with Senior Manager, Provider Communications, and team members to ensure materials inform and captivate providers, while adhering to brand standards
- Writes and edits engaging materials for various print and digital channels including website pages, newsletter templates, flyers, one-pagers, FAQs, and educational materials. Coordinates with graphic designer on layouts.
- Represents Provider Communications team at Behavioral Health meetings and functions.
- Assists in assessing behavioral health communications needs applying knowledge of our provider audience to determine need, impact, key messaging, and best communication vehicle.
- Meets with subject matter experts to collect information on projects; is comfortable interviewing subject matter experts to gather background information for communications.
- Updates Provider forms and policies as needed.
- Works with data, mail and email address files for provider mailings and outreach
- Conducts proofreading to ensure information is accurate and consistent with brand guidelines and corporate style/voice
- Reviews competitor information to help identify best practices and procedures.
- Assists the Website Production Coordinator with website updates as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS – What You Need To Perform The Job
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
- Bachelor’s degree, communications/English/health care communications
EXPERIENCE (minimum Years Required)
- 5-7 years of combined experience in health communications
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Behavioral health communications recommended
- Must be a self-starter with the able to produce high-quality communications under tight deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adapt to shifting priorities, and meet production deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Proficiency with MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress, Kentico, and/or Drupal) a plus
- Expertise in translating complex subject matter into easy to understand, compelling communications
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
(include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions (hybrid)
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Who We Are
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R5780