About Family & Youth Initiative
Family & Youth Initiative‘s (DCFYI) mission is to create a supportive community and lasting relationships for teens and young adults who are in or have aged out of foster care. Our community-based programming includes events that bring together teens and caring adults so they can get to know each other. Relationships that start at these events lead to adult-teen matches for mentoring, host parenting, and adoption. Our mentors and host parents support youth as they explore and start post-secondary education and/or careers and develop the social and emotional skills and self-confidence needed to lead productive, self-sufficient adult lives.DCFYI is looking for an Operations Coordinator to support our work.
The Operations Coordinator provides operational, programmatic, and fundraising support to further Family & Youth Initiative’s mission. She/he/they works closely with the Executive Director to ensure smooth functioning of the systems and processes that allow DCFYI to function and programming to be successful.
The Operations Coordinator will help ensure Family & Youth Initiative is able to secure, track and steward the funding needed to meet or exceed annual philanthropic goals. The Operations Coordinator will take the lead for managing behind-the-scenes development systems and support the Executive Director in executing the annual development plan, including campaigns, donor stewardship, and general communications. The Operations Coordinator will support DCFYI’s communications across various channels, including social media, email, and print.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is able to function in a mission-driven environment, poised, detail-oriented, adept at managing logistically challenging situations, and operates with a problem-solving mindset.WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB
- You believe every young person deserves support as they navigate adolescence and prepare to transition into their adult lives.
- You are a detail-oriented person who gets excited about organization.
- You know that a nonprofit is only as strong as its foundation and you want to invest in ensuring DCFYI’s internal processes and operations flow smoothly.
- You are excited to take ownership and bring ideas to the table to improve our work.
- You are excited to be on a small team where your voice is not just valued, but necessary.
The Operations Coordinator can expect his/her/their work to include:Fundraising and Donor Appreciation (60%)
Manage donor appreciation, including preparing thank you letters and other donor acknowledgements;
Maintain accurate donor and donation data in DCFYI’s CRM (CiviCRM);
Monitor all donation methods and platforms (checks, stock gifts, Catalogue for Philanthropy, external donor platforms) and accurately and punctually record donations in CiviCRM;
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, help plan and manage DCFYI campaigns (recognition days, Giving Tuesday, end of year);
Assist with the execution of all individual giving efforts, including donor segmentation, maintaining accurate mailing lists, and providing campaign analysis and evaluation;
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with the event committee, provide logistical support and execute solicitations for DCFYI’s annual fall fundraiser:
- managing online registrations and serving as the primary contact for event registrants
- coordinating and communicating pertinent information to event volunteers and sponsors
- managing the schedule of stewardship and donor recognition activities for event sponsors
- maintaining accurate guest lists
Provide logistical support for other fundraising events and grant applications.Program Support (20%)
Manage the volunteer application process, ensuring background checks and references are completed and documented;
Respond to volunteer inquiries;
Maintain the volunteer database;
Manage online event calendar;
Handle training and program event logistics, ordering supplies, working with sponsors, and ensuring events run smoothly.Communications (15%)
Manage communication logistics, including quarterly mailed donor newsletter and monthly email newsletter;
Maintain and update the organization’s website;
Provide requested material to social media consultant for DCFYI social media posts;
Respond to general information inquiries.Operational Support (5%)
Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including expense tracking and managing business accounts.THIS JOB IS RIGHT FOR YOU, IF YOU:
- Take initiative and bring critical thinking to problem solving
- Are highly organized and able to implement systems to manage a multifaceted workload
- Pay close attention to details and understand how they affect the big picture
- Can work independently
- Are comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment
- Have strong written communication skills
- Easily navigate technology and are open to learning new ways to use technology
- Are able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks efficiently and with excellence
- Are flexible, creative, and able to thrive in an evolving environment
- Have cultural competency and want to work with a diverse group of volunteers, youth, and staff
- Are ready to roll up your sleeves and do what is needed to accomplish DCFYI’s mission
While the position will require some in-person work, Operations Coordinator can primarily work remotely. Some weekend and evening hours required.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.Requirements
YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Experience providing administrative or logistical support
- Excellent computer skills and ability to quickly learn new programs
- Experience with a CRM and maintaining a website
- Experience working with diverse constituents
- Experience with social media
The salary range for this position is based on experience; position includes healthcare and paid holiday and sick leave.