This position is located in Evanston, Illinois
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator collaboratively works to promote programs, services, events, and fundraisers for YWCA Evanston/North Shore. Under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator will support creating engaging social media videos and posts, provide administrative support, generate story ideas, and write for our blog, e-newsletters, and more.
The position is responsible for implementation of program strategies and coordination of daily activities and contributes recommendations to agency policies, department priorities, and procedures.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
Social Media Content Creation and Management (65%)
- Support the Communications Manager with establishing and executing a social media calendar for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote the organization's services and community impact.
- Write, post, and monitor for all YWCA social media accounts, responding to likes, tags, comments, and inquiries as needed. Monitor all accounts on a weekly basis within parameters of part-time schedule and hours.
- Collaborates with the Communications Manager to build social media campaigns for YWCA programs and fundraising events and campaigns, including the Spring and Annual appeals, Race Against Hate, YWomen, and Every 9 Seconds Domestic Violence Awareness
- Tracks and reports on social media analytics, insights, and engagement
- Monitor local and national media and social media for ongoing events and topics that may be relevant to YWCA E/NS work.
- Collaborates with the Communications Manager and Vice President of Marketing to build a social media plan to increase traffic and engagement.
- Create and source content for YWCA's blog and e-newsletter.
- Update and maintain video files on YWCA's YouTube and Vimeo accounts.
Organization and Administrative Support (30%)
- Create and train staff on a filing system for designs in Canva.
- Maintain Constant Contact and WordPress media library.
- Audit contacts in Community Pass to ensure that data has been transferred to Constant Contact.
- Participate in YWCA E/NS live and online events to take photos and interact with followers on social media.
- Participates in brainstorming, manages projects and timelines as needed, and stays updated on current trends in digital marketing.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES (5%)
- Attends staff training and participates in agency committees.
- Pursues professional development.
- Understands and adheres to all of YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
- Note: YWCA is committed to pay range transparency. Candidates are offered compensation based on how their qualifications meet those of the position.
: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience And/or Training
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in social media, event promotion, performance or visual art, or graphic design.
- Demonstrated successful experience following brand guidelines and writing for social media.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate proficiency with Canva and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Beginner proficiency with WordPress.
: College-level coursework in marketing and communications.
Experience And/or Training
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in social media management, event promotion, performance or visual art, or graphic design.
- Experience providing administrative support.
- Experience in a nonprofit industry focusing on social justice, gender, and racial equity.
- Experience effectively relating to and developing culturally relevant content for diverse groups of people from all social and economic backgrounds.
: Intermediate proficiency in Spanish. Licenses/Certificates: Successful completion of the Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate within 6 months of hire.
- Beginner proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or similar systems.
- Beginner proficiency with email marketing software such as Constant Contact.
- Beginner proficiency utilizing social media scheduling platforms such as Buffer or Hootsuite.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Intermittent (less than 15%), Occasional (15-45%), Frequent (50-75%), and Continuous (over 75%).
- Occasional nights and/or weekends required for events.
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a desk/computer
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, reach with hands and arms, and reach above shoulders.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift, and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to move about the facility.
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other equipment.
The mental and physical requirements described here represent those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Employee may be required to share office space.
- Employee may be required to work from home.
- Employee will frequently have meetings or work in other buildings.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.