NAPCO Media, a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance, is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to support and care for our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, flexible paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
The Editorial team is seeking an Associate Content and Online Editor. The Associate Content and Online Editor will work directly with the Managing Editor to ensure swift and accurate completion of projects within tight deadlines. There are also opportunities to work on custom projects, writing bylined articles, blogs, business-to-business news reporting for several online newsletters, and organizing and writing departments for multiple publications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce and launch e-newsletters according to schedules
• Regularly report, write, and post online news in various formats
• Manage content production and distribution through newsletters
• Manage contributors and bloggers: conduct outreach to industry experts and edit submissions
• Posting news to a web content management system for daily e-newsletters
• Put together monthly digital edition newsletters
• Manage converting the print magazine to the website
• Writing web-friendly heads, decks, add links, and SEO copy
• Attend magazine idea meetings and liaise with team editors to create new content for the
• Write feature articles across all brands including Printing Impressions, Packaging Impressions,
Wide-Format Impressions, In-plant Impressions, Apparelist, Print and Promo Marketing, and
• Develop specific departments for print editions – Ad index, TOC, social, news, etc.
• Assist when needed on print products
• Travel as needed to appropriate industry events to research/build industry knowledge and foster
connections with potential authors and/or sources
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
• 2 to 4 years of writing/editing/journalism experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate
with internal staff and external customers
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook; Adobe — InCopy, InDesign;
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of
instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Excellent writing, reporting, and editing skills
• Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
• Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
• Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
• Familiarity with AP style
• Experience with social media platforms, SEO, CMS, newsletter deployment preferred
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards
• Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone / video conferencing
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.