Visit Bastrop is currently searching for a Marketing Manager. Visit Bastrop is a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). Under general supervision of the President/CEO of Visit Bastrop and the daily supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for marketing and communications to assist in promoting the city of Bastrop as a premier destination for tourists, meetings, leisure and group travel, to stimulate economic development and promote tourism.
The Marketing Manager assures consistency and quality of communication materials and alignment with the initiatives of the Visit Bastrop. Consults with internal and external stakeholders to develop effective and engaging communication programs. Coordinate design, writing and editing of print and electronic engagement and branding materials.
This is an ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND DATE YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO START.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Execute Visit Bastrop’s marketing, communications and public relations plans and programs;
• Manages delivery of communications and advertising programs to attract new markets;
• Manages goals by regularly tracking and recording progress;
• Prepare and deliver public information messages;
• Maintains a high degree of confidential internal and external shareholder information;
• Daily support phone, email and digital correspondence to stakeholders;
• Presents a positive image by providing timely customer follow up;
• Develops strong relationships with local organizations by disseminating and communicating information;
• Participate in outreach and community events to increase VB presence;
• Oversee the editorial content, photography, and layout for Visit Bastrop’s print and digital marketing campaigns;
• Create and manage e-newsletters to member/partners and newsletter subscribers;
• Maintain the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management System (CMS) system;
• Implement Search Engine Optimizations (SEO) recommendations;
• Organize and collect digital assets.;
• Oversee the VB website and its traffic;
• Manage client lists and work with third parties for media placements;
• Create systems and methods to grow engagement and traffic/followers to Visit Bastrop’s social media platforms;
• Assist the Director of Marketing with the development of the marketing budget as part of the Visit Bastrop budget;
• Assists the Director of Marketing in the development of marketing goals and objectives;
• Become proficient with the Zartico data research operating system to provide full spectrum of data science, benchmarking and analytical services;
· Travel required to attend tradeshows, meetings, conferences, and trainings;
· Participate in various industry organizations and activities to include evenings and weekends;
· Maintains positive relationships and awareness of the city of Bastrop and Visit Bastrop;
• Within one (1) year of hire, required to begin the three (3) year Travel and Tourism College Certified Tourism Executive (CTE) program. Upon successful completion of the 3-year certification program, and within six (6) months, required to successfully complete a capstone project to receive the designation of CERTIFIED TOURISM EXECUTIVE.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Skill in workflow and managing multiple projects;
• Proficient in verbal and writing skills, including a command of grammar and vocabulary;
• Demonstrated skills in planning, organization and effective communication;
• Strong attention to detail and thorough proofreading of all documents;
• Ability to work within time constraints and meet deadlines;
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
• Must be enthusiastic, self-reliant, and self-starting;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
• Ability to compile, organize, and maintain accurate and complete records;
• Ability to work and make decisions independently with minimum supervision;
• Ability to multi-task and accept constantly changing environment;
• Ability to anticipate work demands and initiate acceptable direction for completion.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, or a closely related field, and two (2) years’ experience in marketing or public relations; or any combination of training and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
An emphasis will be placed on those who have worked with the promotion of tourism and those who have marketing experience. Previous experience in a Convention and Visitors Bureau is highly desirable. Previous experience with an advertising agency and/or with media negotiations is helpful.
• Work is predominantly sedentary, indoors in an office environment;
• Occasionally required to lift, move and carry up to 25 lbs.;
• May be required to lift, hold, move and carry supplies and various office equipment;
• May be required to balance, sit, stand, reach, twist, bend, climb stairs and walk;
• Fine dexterity and manipulation required to operate a keyboard & office equipment;
• Required to talk, hear and see including; close, distance and peripheral vision.
NOTE: This is a general description of the nature of this job and the types of work associated with it. It is not complete or exhaustive in its scope.