Industry Dive is a leading business journalism company. Nearly 13 million decision-makers across 20+ competitive industries rely on its exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 26 publications. Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers delivers insights and programs that spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
As a market research apprentice, you will gain hands-on experience in marketing research and data analysis, working on real-world projects and learning from subject matter experts across a variety of functions. You will also have the chance to develop cross-functional communications skills while working across a media organization.
Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment. One of our core values is for employees to bring their unique perspective and personality to work. Your voice and the work you’ll do here matters to your teammates, other teams within the company, and our customers and readers.
- Responsible for balancing a diverse range of survey-based projects and subject matter, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and to the highest possible standard
- Manage and keep track of the status of each survey, including which ones are in progress, which ones have been completed, and which ones are still in the planning stages
- Responsible for analyzing and synthesizing data, reports, and other information, and presenting it in a clear and visually appealing way
- Additionally, you may be responsible for communicating with vendors and internal stakeholders to provide updates on the status of the surveys, and for troubleshooting any issues that may arise during the survey process
- Assisting with building and executing surveys from text to live using Qualtrics
- Assist the data analyst with various projects by creating custom reports and data visualization elements
- Participate in discussions with various groups both internally and externally to support the sales of research offering
- Responsible for understanding the unique needs and goals of our clients and working with sales and strategists to develop customized surveys that align with our offerings
- Perform additional duties and help with other projects assigned by the manager
- A graduating senior or early career candidate looking to gain market research experience.
- Must be studying or recently graduated in Marketing, Market Research,Sociology, Psychology, Business, Data science, Economics, Mathematics, etc.
- Experience with project management, including intake, project tracking, timeline management, etc.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask effectively, as well as a keen eye for detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- Ability to take initiative and must have the confidence to learn in a "live" environment
- Must be reliable with excellent organizational skills and very strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Experience with survey creation software (ie Qualtrics)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The salary range for this role is $16.10-$21.00/ hour based on experience and location.
Not all candidates will check all of the requirements listed above, and that’s OK — we still want to hear from you. Industry Dive strives to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment, and applicants who belong to traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.