Regular, Full-time Benefit Eligible, Non-ExemptSalary/Compensation:
The Land Conservancy of West Michigan (LCWM) is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator
to support its efforts to reach new and existing audiences. This is a unique opportunity to blend your love of nature, enthusiasm for event planning and execution, and keen attention to detail to create fun events to inspire donors and connect people to our nature preserves. The Outreach Coordinator takes the lead in visualizing, creating, planning, and executing LCWM’s outreach and fundraising events both at local venues and preserves throughout our eight (8) county region as week as drive outreach activities to maintain existing and forge new community partners.
This is the chance to work with a collaborative and dedicated team doing work that makes a difference—saving and maintaining natural lands for now and for generations to come.
The LCWM is an accredited land trust dedicated to the permanent conservation of natural areas. Our mission is to help people protect, enjoy, and care for natural land in West Michigan. Since its inception over 45 years ago, the Land Conservancy has protected more than 12,000 acres through nature preserves, conservation easements, and partnering with local communities. We are dedicated land stewards, restoring plant diversity to ensure the health of the land and the creatures who inhabit it. Learn more about our projects, preserves, and strategic plan at naturenearby.org.What You Will Do…
Events and Volunteer Programs
- Create and maintain organization-wide event calendar
- Lead planning and execution of highly effective outreach and fundraising events including venue selection, catering, activities, communication, and evaluation of event success
- Partner with stewardship staff to create and maintain engaging and productive volunteer programs
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset focused on being cost effective, streamlining processes, and improving efficiency
Outreach and Media
- Research outreach opportunities and community partnerships that connect LCWM’s programs and services with new and diverse audiences
- Build and foster deep relationships with new and existing community partners
- Maintain database of media contacts
- Assist Advancement Manager with media outreach, creatively utilizing a variety of sources
- Help lead the volunteer outreach committee, which meets quarterly and supports LCWM outreach efforts
- Help identify and leverage trend and news topics where the Land Conservancy can be a thought leader
- Contribute to the creation and production of LCWM digital and print communications including print newsletter, e-newsletters, preserve guides, event and donor communications, displays and signage
- Assist with updates and maintenance of digital communications, including website, blog, and social media
- Maintain general presentation materials, photo assets, etc.
- 2 years of communications, events, and/or outreach experience
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work and hours, including weekends, and attend a variety of meetings and functions
- Dedication to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI); commitment to prioritizing JEDI in professional capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and professional demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, implement, and manage a variety of projects and priorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar database preferred
- Solid work ethic, able to take initiative and work effectively alone or in groups
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to drive and operate a vehicle
- Interest in environmental protection and a conservation mission
What We Offer You
A position at the Land Conservancy offers the opportunity to do work that matters, while engaging with a team of passionate individuals dedicated to the preservation of natural lands for future generations.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, with extremely generous time off: 18 days PTO at hire, and 11 paid holidays, which includes the entire last week of December as a paid holiday. We offer a hybrid onsite work environment, with some days in the office and the opportunity to work some days remotely. We offer a flexible work schedule with the opportunity to set a daily schedule that works best for you.EEO/Diversity
The Land Conservancy of West Michigan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to and have an active, ongoing effort to promote justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environment, in all our interactions, and at our preserves. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.