Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Intern
Since 1976, the Seattle Seahawks have been a source of leadership and pride in the Seattle community and beyond. We believe that character, passion and excellence set our team apart. On gameday and throughout the year, we create experiences that encourage and inspire people across the Pacific Northwest. Our employees play a vital role in providing high-quality sports entertainment for our customers and fans, while celebrating a championship-mindset culture of diversity, passion, creativity and respect.
The DEI Intern will be responsible for assisting the organization and the department in execution of its DEI initiatives. The intern will support the day-to-day activity of various tasks, working closely with the Vice President of DEI and DEI Manager throughout the season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Update and refresh DEI SharePoint site and create plan to drive people to site on a regular basis
- Review external home page and make recommendations for ways to improve diversity on the page
- Partner with Community department on a variety of initiatives, as needed. External community events/Training Camp/community take-overs and other as needed
- Support creation of DEI newsletter, DEI resources and surveys
- Work with data analytics team to create a programmatic approach to data collection and report out
- Collaboration across various teams on DEI projects, as assigned
- Implement project plan to track DEI initiatives and actions
- Help with project planning for heritage month celebrations
- Assist in ordering and managing supplies related to DEI initiatives
- Assist with project requests through Wrike system and track DEI campaigns and timelines
- Opportunity to work in different areas to support gameday activations
- Opportunity to work in other areas to support, learn and embed DEI throughout the organization
Education And Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be currently enrolled as a junior, senior, or recent graduate (within 6 months) from a college or university. Graduate school students are eligible to apply as well
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work evening, weekends and holidays when requested
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite and be able to learn CRM and other technical systems, as needed
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may need to lift 10 pounds or more. At times, this job may require many hours of sitting, standing and walking including events and on gameday
- July 2023 – End of January 2024
- This position works 30 hours per week on average
All internships are hourly, paid positions. Interns are responsible for their own housing, travel, and relocation expenses. A background check will be conducted prior to starting work with us.
- Attach a current resume
- Attach a current cover letter
- Answer all of the questions below
Application Questions -
YES/NO: Has the ability to commit to working 30 hours/week throughout the 2023 NFL season.
YES/NO: I am a junior or senior or recent graduate within the past six months.
YES/NO: I have local housing available in or near Seattle, or I am willing to relocate and understand that any costs associated with the relocation are my responsibility.
YES/NO: I am authorized to work in the United States
YES: I understand that due to the large volume of applicants that apply, I will not contact the Seahawks staff during this process
How did you hear about this internship position?
Core value Statement
The Seahawks organization is guided by overall principles of acceptance and understanding that help us create a culture of respect, equality, and inclusiveness both on and off the field. It is our goal to use these core principles and our commitment to passion, character, and excellence to empower change within our community. We, as an organization and as individuals, represent and respect a wide range of human differences, personal experiences and cultural backgrounds.
Powered by JazzHR