Community Engagement Intern
Community Engagement Manager
Since 1976, the Seattle Seahawks have been a source of leadership and pride in the Seattle community and beyond. We believe that character, passion and excellence set our team apart. On gameday and throughout the year, we create experiences that encourage and inspire people across the Pacific Northwest. Our employees play a vital role in providing high-quality sports entertainment for our customers and fans, while celebrating a championship-minded culture of diversity, passion, creativity and respect.
The Community Engagement Intern will be responsible for assisting the Community Engagement department in planning and executing various programs and events that support our Community Engagement five areas of focus – Youth Empowerment, Future of Football, Military Community, Social Justice and Community Response.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Support the Community Engagement department in all areas. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide event support for community programs including Make-A-Wish, Game Changers, school visits, Blue Friday Night Lights, Crucial Catch, Salute to Service, My Cause My Cleats, Social Justice initiatives, Rumble at the Ridge and Mental Health initiatives
- Plan and execute annual Intern Day of Service
- Help source and prepare holiday gifts for community partners
- Provide event support for corporate partner community activations such as Delta Community Captain and Boeing Team of Champions
- Gameday support including 50/50 raffle program, 12 Flag raisings coordination, gameday experience donations
- Manage volunteer opportunities with community partners for Seahawks staff
- Support autograph sessions by organizing items and coordinating items with other departments
- Provide support for Fan Engagement events including Training Camp
- On-site talent support for community appearances including players, legends, dancers and mascot
- Promotional material support including inventory management
- Manage community stories in monthly email newsletter, The Local
- Tracking, fulfillment and shipping of charitable donations
- Respond to all community customer service emails and requests in a timely manner
- Event, donation and appearance data entry and tracking in CRM
- Support project management in Wrike
- Manage updates for community webpages on Seahawks.com
- Support other Community programs and events and handle special requests and projects, as assigned
Required Skills And Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with CRM database systems, Wrike and Eventbrite is preferred but not required
- Must have effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to different environments and working cultures
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct staff and vendors in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May at times be exposed to varied weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 10+ pounds. This job requires many hours of standing and walking during events and on gameday. The visual requirements include: the ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision. Requirements may vary depending on position.
- July 2023 – End of January 2024
- This position works 30 hours per week on average
- Be currently enrolled as a senior or recent graduate (within 6 months) from a college or university. Graduate school students are eligible
- Have authorization to work in the United States
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Be able to work 30 hours per week as well as game day/nights, weekends and other various events
Final applicants will be contacted and invited to participate in our virtual interview process starting in April
NOTE: Due to the large volume of applicants that apply, we ask that you do not contact us during this process.
All internships are hourly, paid positions. Interns are responsible for their own housing, travel, and relocation expenses. A background check will be conducted prior to employment start date.
Applicants must include:
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Answer all the questions below
Job Questions -
YES/NO: I am a junior, senior or recent graduate within the past six months or a graduate student
YES/NO: I have local housing available in or near Seattle, or I am willing to relocate and understand that any costs associated with the relocation are my responsibility
YES/NO: I am authorized to work in the United States
YES: I understand that due to the large volume of applicants that apply, I will not contact the Seahawks or Lumen Field staff during this process.
How did you hear about this internship position?
Powered by JazzHR