The Entertainment Community Fund (formerly The Actors Fund)
, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks an Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications
to create and execute marketing campaigns across fundraising, events, social media, email, advertising, publicity, copywriting and more, with a focus on content creation and communications to drive brand awareness, engagement and audience acquisition. They will produce content for the Fund’s print and digital platforms for both internal and external audiences and communications.
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications with internal and external production and distribution of marketing materials, including both print and digital forms of marketing collateral.
- Create fresh content (weekly emails, scripts/speeches, social media content, promotional materials, other written & video communications) for numerous audiences, including ticket buyers, members and donors.
- Collaborate with fundraising/membership teams to align messaging and content development with targeted fundraising, direct mail and donor campaigns.
- Work on social media posts and account management, and help develop and apply overall strategy for the Fund’s social media and e-newsletter presence.
- Act as a primary point of contact with select external agencies and partners on various promotional and campaign activities including press and advertising, and will ensure that promotions and programs are consistently on-brand, developed with relevant content, and drive toward audience engagement and established marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field and 7+ years of marketing and communications experience
- Strong writing skills, demonstrable across platforms and voices, with an expert knowledge of AP Style & Grammar
- Social Media business account management experience for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok
- Proficient with Office365 (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent communication, organizational, project management, attention to detail, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work with a diverse pool of stakeholders, colleagues, constituents, vendors and partners
- Ability to create inspiring stories and content that resonate with people who work in performing arts/entertainment and current & potential members/donors
- Well-versed across all marketing disciplines, including print and online advertising
- Ability to work under deadlines and multitask in an exciting, fast-paced, creative work environment
- Commitment to the mission of the Entertainment Community Fund and the people we help
- May be required to work after hours on weekdays or weekends on occasion in order to complete rush projects or for special events
- Publicity/media experience preferred
About This Position
This is a full-time salaried position based in the Entertainment Community Fund’s National Headquarters Office in Times Square, New York City. The Entertainment Community Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health plans, dental plan, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and Wage Works commuter benefit.
Apply online at www.entertainmentcommunity.org/careers . A complete application will include a resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
About The Entertainment Community Fund
The Entertainment Community Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theater, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services.
In an effort to protect our fellow employees and visitors, the Entertainment Community Fund requires all employees to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination subject to accommodations required by law
For more about the Entertainment Community Fund, please visit: www.entertainmentcommunity.org .
The Entertainment Community Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Built into the value statement of the Entertainment Community Fund is a commitment to embrace diversity and seek equity, inclusion and dignity for all. We celebrate our differences and strive to cultivate an environment of mutual respect.