The Marketing Associate plays a key role in advancing Waldner’s marketing efforts, capitalizing on the company’s vast experience, and adapting to industry changes as needed. This person will ensure Waldner’s brand, value, and identity is carried through in print material, online, and during events. You will work under the general guidance of the Manager & Director with the ability to work independently on day-to-day tasks. Timely responses and the ability to meet deadlines are imperative.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· With the goal of attracting new customers and marketplace influencers to our company; develop campaigns to be used across social media and email communication.
§ Post regularly on Instagram and schedule the Twitter content through Steelcase Co-Branding.
§ Write and post bi-weekly blog posts to Waldner’s Blog.
§ Develop Instagram Story Campaigns to post weekly
§ Develop other social media platforms: TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
· Work with the Marketing Manager to coordinate responses to Requests for Proposals (BIDS). Work with project teams, sales leadership, and manufacturers to compile content, including company information, client references, product photos, and drawings. Collate and bind books/materials or prepare PDF responses as requested. Developing strategy & responses tailored to the client.
· Work with Sales on Client Close-out books and gather the appropriate documents and literature in an organized project folder. This may include product LEED and Sustainability information as requested by client/A&D.
· Create the Monthly in-house newsletter. Balancing employee highlights along with industry updates to maintain marketplace awareness for staff.
· Continually update existing literature in conjunction with new product or service developments.
· Aid in the coordination of Events/Tradeshows/Expo’s.
· Aid in the management of Waldner’s showrooms (NYC, Farmingdale, and Rye). Order and arrange supplies for NYC office.
· Take photos of installations/products to be used on the website and other marketing material. Develop project case studies to articulate Waldner’s products and service capabilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, English, Journalism, Graphic Design preferred.
· One (1) to three (3) years of marketing experience, preferably within the furniture industry.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Excellent and effective oral and written communication.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
· Strong Proficiency in MS Office, specifically in PowerPoint.
- Strong computer skills, creative/graphic design skills, and use of other media in marketing proposals, presentations, and related collateral materials.
- Understanding of social media strategy & best practice, business profile management
· Takes initiative and thrives in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment while staying detail-oriented.
- Can identify opportunities and bring creative ideas to the table.