Join the growing Games for Change team! G4C is looking for a full-time Communications and Social Media Coordinator to report to the Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with the Chief Creative Officer to help grow our global presence across all social media platforms and execute creative strategies. The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and have an in-depth knowledge of social media. Candidates based in the NYC area are preferred; however, we are open to this role being filled by someone who works remotely.
- Support with day-to-day social media content across social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin)
- Maintain an editorial calendar for G4C’s online channels, including its website, blog, social media, and newsletter.
- Assist with media kits, press releases, newsletters, and other outward-facing communications
- Assist with social media reporting
- Support in asset creation (images, videos, etc.) across social platforms
- Research new social media platforms and communities to expand the reach of G4C
- Assist with the launch and implementation of programs and events, including the G4C Awards, Student Challenge Competition, etc.
- Maintain department organizational documents (Games and Speaker directory, Content Repository. etc.)
- Engage with relevant audiences (gamers, educators, developers, parents, etc.) and contribute to discussions on games, social impact games, and social issues across online channels.
- Encourage member-to-member interaction (i.e. teasing out conversations in the G4C discussion list or matchmaking following inquiries to G4C, and Google Group)
- Maintain and organize outreach lists to various program and Festival partners
- 1 – 4+ years of social media experience
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Proficiency in graphics programs like Canva
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a hybrid environment
- Passion for and interest in social impact, games, video games, and XR (AR/VR/MR)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere Pro) and Figma
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Community moderation experience
- Knowledge of Esports and streaming
- Experience creating short-form content for social platforms