Editorial Content Director
Location: Franklin, TN
Who We Are:
Q Ideas was founded in 2007 by Gabe and Rebekah Lyons to equip leaders in church and culture to faithfully navigate current issues and future challenges from a biblical worldview.
After 20 years of convening leaders through strategic events that both educate and mobilize their influence in the culture, we are expanding our reach and sharpening our strategy. With the launch of localized events, a robust media platform and a cultural moment demanding more clarity and support to understand the times, we are looking for step-up leaders to embark on this journey with us. We have a big, audacious goal of providing content to 1,000,000 thought leaders in the next 10 years and we want you to consider joining us in this grand endeavor.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll be the curating our platform, identifying and writing compelling content and stories, while overseeing, editing, and developing copy for our site, newsletter, and marketing concepts.
- Plan, manage and coordinate the seasonal and monthly content calendars across our channels via an engaging and timely narrative that flows smoothly and brings to life our evolving offering.
- Ultimately, lead and holistically develop our overall content strategy and unique voice, while ensuring a uniform and inspiring experience across all channels.
- Serve as the editorial gatekeeper for all outbound content to ensure quality, clarity, creativity, authenticity, and consistency.
- Ensure SEO strategies are properly included in all content.
- Brainstorm ideas for new content series.
- Consistently use metrics to validate creative decisions, brand partnerships and drive engagement.
- Work closely with our marketing team to bring content to life and promote via our communication and distribution channels.
- Strategically discern and curate the topics, speakers and issues to be addressed at events and on the Q Ideas media platforms while utilizing our approach of tone and posture in educating our audience.
Who You Are:
- You have prior and proven experience curating and editing compelling and relevant content that gets attention and produces results for an established brand, editorial publication, or non-profit.
- Strong intuitive writer, with attention to detail and capable of creating interesting headlines and captivating meta copy.
- Ability to work in a creative environment and engage a multitude of issues with care and discipline.
- A theological and philosophical viewpoint that aligns closely with our mission to equip and educate leaders on navigating current culture with a commitment to biblical orthodoxy.
- Enjoy debating important ideas and how best to make our audience aware and able to take action when necessary.
- Self-starter and proactive problem solver, who must be able to work independently, recognize potential needs, act on them before they arise, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and capable of editing the work of others.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Past experience managing projects—ideally managing content projects, but we are open to other industry experience.
- Personal thriving and evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
This is a full time, on-site, mid-level position in Franklin, TN and reports directly to the VP of Operations. If you believe you meet the criteria as stated below and have the passion and discipline to excel in this role, please send a cover letter, resume (with references) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Editorial Content”.
Benefits and a 401k Plan
Collaborative, Positive, Corporate Culture