Pontera is a FinTech SaaS company on a mission to help millions of Americans retire better by enabling financial advisors to manage, trade and report on 401(k) and other retirement accounts. Pontera customers range from Fortune 100 financial services firms and large independent broker dealers to small independent RIA’s and advisory firms.
At Pontera, we are proud of our people-first mentality and culture. You will have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team whose mission is to scale Pontera into one of the largest FinTech companies in the world. We have significant funding from some of the most notable venture capital investors, led by Lightspeed Venture Partners, and are in a period of hyper-growth. The next critical step in our trajectory is adding to our world-class team, and that’s where you come in.
The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for executing our communications strategy across Pontera’s web properties, including: website content, blogs, social media, newsletters, press releases, op eds, and media interviews. The ideal candidate has experience marketing financial products with a deep regard for the brand, stakeholder impact, and regulations. This is a key role in the business as it helps build our brand image and trust across advisors and their clients, among other industry stakeholders. Reporting directly to the CMO, this is a great opportunity to build your career as a seasoned marketer in a fast-growing company with a great mission.
- Website content - Develop and oversee the company's website content with an extremely high standard for visitor journeys, quality brand expression, product marketing, web design, and copy. Work with other members of the team to ensure the website supports our customer marketing efforts (farming/mining) as a primary focus. Ensure proper approval processes and quality control are maintained for all external communications.
- Communications - Work with the exec team to articulate our communication strategy, approved messaging, and policies to support our corporate goals. Execute this strategy by drafting communications, overseeing our PR agency, and project managing our awards/press calendar. Maintain our internal lists of press, analysts, influencers, and regulators.
- Social media management - Manage the company's social media presence, including posting, listening, and engaging with followers. Use Canva and/or other creative tools to create engaging content for our followers. Develop and run social media campaigns with our Lifecycle Marketing and Product Marketing teams to support customer marketing efforts (farming/mining).
- Industry research and interview prep - Conduct industry research to provide the basis for quality press releases, media articles, blogs and other content as requested. Provide thorough and timely preparation for executives prior to media interviews.
- Customer communications - Closely collaborate with Customer Experience and Product Marketing leadership to craft and deliver important product and platform announcements and distribute to our customer base.
- Thought leadership - Lead a robust blogging and newsletter program, containing insightful content that help advisors better educate and assist their clients. Manage third-party writers as needed to keep a consistent flow of communications, keeping in mind it’s quality, not quantity. Engage our compliance counsel as needed to review messaging that may be regulated, such as retirement-saver communications.
- Build your expertise - Continuously build on your knowledge of our industry, customers, and product to create informed website and social media content for our varied stakeholders.
- Measure your results - Work with the Director of Digital Marketing to measure performance KPIs from our communications. This includes: organic traffic, blog traffic, blog shares/engagement, media placements, and website journey improvements.
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing and/or communications for financial products/services, fintech a plus
- Strong individual contributor and collaborator
- Self-driven with a high sense of ownership
- Passion for developing content for people with different perspectives and levels of understanding
- Possesses an “eye” for detail and design quality
- Proficiency with CMS (HubSpot) and social media platforms
What We Offer
- Opportunity: Have a major impact at a fast-growing startup that is revolutionizing the FinTech industry
- Team Culture: A collegial, collaborative, fun work environment with frequent team events
- Equity: All new hires are eligible for equity grant participation
- Healthcare: Comprehensive & affordable insurance benefits with a variety of plan options
- Retirement: 401(k) with employer match & employer-sponsored access to a retirement advisor
- Family Benefits: Paid parental leave & reimbursement program for family planning services (such as fertility treatments, adoption, or surrogacy
- Professional Development: Sponsored learning & development program (to cover classes, certifications, and more!)
- Food Perks: Fully stocked kitchen & lunch reimbursement program
- Work Flexibility: A hybrid office work model (In-Office Tues/Weds/Thurs and WFH Mon/Fri) & generous PTO days
Pontera is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.