Our organization is currently seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) HR Intern to provide quality compliance and administrative support to our HR department. This entry-level HR position will get exposure to employee development, HRIS, and recruiting aspects of Human Resources. The HR Intern must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, attention to detail, a friendly disposition, and the ability to function as part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day onboarding process, e.g., running background checks, coordinating orientation, obtaining new hire paperwork, and ensuring policies are acknowledged.
- Assist with New Hire Orientation, including reviewing and processing I-9s, presenting benefits, reviewing life events, and adding new hires to benefit plans.
- Filing, organizing, maintaining, and auditing HR documents and confidential employee files
- Support all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests, including but not limited to employment verifications, unemployment claims, and employee questions.
- Entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records
- Create custom employment reports that meet the needs of the department
- Maintain a high level of customer service to employees
- Assist with the company newsletter and the creation of marketing materials
- Assist directly with routine HR inquiries and conducting research for and on behalf of the HR team.
- Other related HR support functions and special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge And Expertise
- High School diploma required, enrolled in or recently obtained a degree in Human Resources Management or similar field.
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and discretion to bring issues to resolution
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work proactively with other team members.
- Strong analytic skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong work ethics